• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Betcha didn't know this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Hey fellas, check this out! Betcha didn't know it!

http://www.usscoralsea.net/pages/f111.html

f111b_tof.gif

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, I did know. Now, go tell me what a FJ Fury is and you can get a cookie.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One from me if you can also tell me which currently-serving aircraft shares the same wing as the FJ Fury. :) Long live useless trivia.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Fly Navy said:
Actually, I did know. Now, go tell me what a FJ Fury is and you can get a cookie.

A navalized variant of the F-86 Sabre.

Now where is my damned cookie, please! :D

Okay, hotshot, what was the largest operational aircraft to routinely operate off a carrier

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A3D Skywarrior. aka "The Whale" or "All Three Dead."

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
or Wally the Whale.

Come on fire back!

In the mean time here's a another engima for you:

What was the most unconventional shoot down of a MiG over North Vietnam by Navy aircraft?

And who was the first NA to evade and escape capture three times in North Vietnam?

Bevo16

pilot
If you want big cookie, find me some pictures of the U-2 that we modified to fly off of carriers back in the '60's.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
umm, was it dinosaur shaped? can I have my cookie now? I have no idea, but I'm curious. can someone answer the mig question, it's racking my brain.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jolly Roger said:
What was the most unconventional shoot down of a MiG over North Vietnam by Navy aircraft?

well, a Skyraider shot down a MIG-17, and a Skyhawk shot one down with a rocket.... so I suppose it's up to your idea of 'unconventional'

Status
Not open for further replies.