• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big Iron's fate

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the flavor of the article is a decision is being looked at to continue the 53 or not to. I think the flavor of this thread is run for the hills.

Select what mission you are interested in. No one is guaranteed anything; career or otherwise. The helo landscape has changed dramatically in my 11 years of service. If the 53 goes away, there will be a sundown program to transition those that can be transitioned. Being on the carrier, I've seen tons of former S-3 and F-14 bubbas driving some -18 variant.

Whether you're guaranteed DH or CO/XO in another community; who can really say? You're not even guaranteed that in your own T/M/S community.

I guess we'll find out what the decision is. As of now, they are continuing to fund the 53 in all aspects, and in some new aspects that have traditionally left the 53 out.