• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels Videos

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought that TV personalities, actors, (or the network they worked for etc.) had to pay like $5,000 for them to go up with the blues... perhaps I'm wrong.

Perhaps so. What makes you think a government entity could essentially charge for rides in a jet? In what bizarro world does that make sense? Let's not forget that the primary purpose of the Blues is is as a recruitment tool and for PR. Letting members of the media (or celebrities) fly with them gets them airtime on TV, allowing their message to reach the broadest possible audience.

Brett

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
just the gouge I received Brett... what you stated makes perfect sense though. perhaps that dollar amount was for private citizens (Read: no media PR there). no big deal.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
just the gouge I received Brett... what you stated makes perfect sense though. perhaps that dollar amount was for private citizens (Read: no media PR there). no big deal.

Again, do you really think the Navy could charge civilians for rides in its jets? Does that sound ethical to you?

Brett

invertedflyer

^^ well if its a private citizen... why would they offer a free ride? I dunno its just what I heard 3rd party, probably bad gouge.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ well if its a private citizen... why would they offer a free ride? I dunno its just what I heard 3rd party, probably bad gouge.

Where are all these private citizens riding with the Blues? Why don't you name a few for us, or cite an advertisement for such a thing? I'd go with the bad gouge theme. The good Lord gave you a brain. Try to use it critically once in a while. ;)

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
G-loc

Is it bad that I kept rooting for her to G-Lock...wow.

For education of those who haven't been exposed to it, it is "G-LOC" or G Induced Loss of Consciousness, not "G-LOCK" nor do you "G-LOCK". It is not a verb, it is a condition.

invertedflyer

Where are all these private citizens riding with the Blues? Why don't you name a few for us, or cite an advertisement for such a thing? I'd go with the bad gouge theme. The good Lord gave you a brain. Try to use it critically once in a while.

Brett
my ability to "think critically" has been virtually destroyed by years of college... can't help you there. As for the blues, thats something that i heard a long time ago... now that we've verified it as false... we can move on from there.... mmmmkay!