• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

c-130j not all fighter pilots fly fighters

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
old guy wants to know.........

re: "Trim? What's that?"
never thought about it before but i guess the hornet guys don't need to do that... is that right?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot

never thought about it before but i guess the hornet guys don't need to do that... is that right?

Jet automatically trims for 1G flight (flaps up). You still need to trim aileron and sometimes rudder---but once the ball is centered up I rarely touch rudder trim for the rest of the flight.

You do need to trim the jet in pitch when it's dirty, but you're trimming for a certain AOA (which is visible in the HUD as you trim)/

KBayDog

Easier to watch with the sound off.

I can understand some single-seat guys not being on board with how they conducted the flight (particularly with the comm flow) - it's just not what you do on a daily basis. However, this is an excellent example of effective CRM in a multi-piloted aircraft performing what are certainly non-standard maneuvers. It was a good push and pull of information, good checks and balances, good SA, etc. I wouldn't expect that kind of comm flow on a straight and level flight on the airways, but again, this demo was not a Mk-1, Mod-0 Herc flight.

BTW, if I was a gambling man, I'd wager that Bud Holland's cockpit was not run quite as well as this one was.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor

so hornet guys have a machine to handle all their trim? We P-3 guys still like our trim the old fashioned way...

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
re: "can understand some single-seat guys not being on board with how they conducted the flight (particularly with the comm flow) - it's just not what you do on a daily basis. However, this is an excellent example of effective CRM in a multi-piloted aircraft performing what are certainly non-standard maneuvers"

i can relate. the only thing i fly is an acrobatic glider. if i have a passenger, my verbage is quite similar the the herk driver's in the video. it's not something i (or he) really does a lot. he's talking to himself as much as anybody else, not something a full time fighter guy needs to do.
btw, i tell passengers the reason i put them in front is that i need the crumple zone.
6711284377_c4158fb8eb.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I don't think he was really talking about trim. I think he was talking about trim.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I don't think he was really talking about trim. I think he was talking about trim.

I'm a retard.

Trim we can all appreciate.

Sorry but these are obivously copyrighted trim pictures and can get Websan in trouble. Go takes some pictures of your hot wives and girlfriends and post that trim here instead.....

HAL Pilot (being the bad guy once again)