• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Canadians and their rediculous fly-bys, eh!

milky-f18

loud-mouthed, know-it-all
I heard about a guy in a Super Bug about 2-3 years ago doing this at San Luis Obispo, CA, and he got HAMMERED. Rumor was he was FENAB'd, and sent to Iraq. Is this the same event?

Not the same incident. That was a guy that did, if I remember correctly, that did a touch and go and then a high speed pass at SLO. Or something very similar. That guy's big mistake was that when he was getting his hand slapped, he gave them the middle finger by writing a letter to the press saying how the Navy had changed and how could somebody get in trouble for what was so obviously a recruiting technique. I'm sure the letter to the newspaper is probably on this sight somewhere. I know a copy of it hung in our ready room for a long time.

milky-f18

loud-mouthed, know-it-all
Really? A quick climb to 10 grand doesn't seem like a good reason to board a guy. But what do I know?

I think the recent incidences in the command on top of not being the most-liked JO and then possibly some lying/denying were all contributing factors. Deep in the back of my mind, I seem to remember that he may not have been approved to even go to that airport, but I cannot remember all of the details.

The admiral saw that he probably didn't do enough to get the boot and sent him to get retrained and go to a different squadron.

CAMike

None
Contributor
In ref to the San Luis Incident, a civilian last name Sebby, a liberal, is the one who initially forced the situation towards the media. Then an un-named F-18 IP at LeMoore gave his negative opinion to the media. (a LeMoore IP told the media the pilot had only 15 hours in type and was beyond his capability) This kind of forced the Navy into a tough situation with only one outcome. I have the 4 page LATimes article saved in Word format if anyone is interested. Or should I just copy/paste it here? Yes, there are names in the published article. Anyway the bottom line is that multiple external factors, both MIL and CIV forced this incident higher than it should have gone. In the end it was the pilot who was left at the bottom of the heap. Very unfortunate and likely avoidable.

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
Yawn. He didn't even DO anything. Take off, turn in circle, climb out. All of Youtube and this is the most 'risky' thing we could come up with?

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today but this is seriously gay.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Fly-by was text book, but seriously this is risky s***, considering it was over an Intl. airport.
What text book are we talking about?

Anyway the bottom line is that multiple external factors, both MIL and CIV forced this incident higher than it should have gone. In the end it was the pilot who was left at the bottom of the heap. Very unfortunate and likely avoidable.
The pilot was an a$$hole. He got sent to the desert sans wings and rubbed everyone the wrong way there too. His attitude sunk his boat. My skipper at the Weapons School made the LA Times article Read & Initial and we talked alot about perceptions since we had 2 T-34's to burn gas in and fly over south Florida.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The pilot was an a$$hole. He got sent to the desert sans wings and rubbed everyone the wrong way there too. His attitude sunk his boat. My skipper at the Weapons School made the LA Times article Read & Initial and we talked alot about perceptions since we had 2 T-34's to burn gas in and fly over south Florida.

'Could not have happened to a nicer guy' type thing? What did he do to rub people the wrong way?