• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier operating stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Brett327 said:
......I'm like the one guy that makes it out of the ghetto to be a pro ball player. I'm like their hero (no pun intended) ;)

Brett

That's funny , ghetto breath --- our Ordies were always the "muscle" in the squadron and on the beach when on liberty. If you got into a scrape -- call for the Ordies for help. The line division prided themselves on being "tough" -- and they were --- but the Ordies were tough -- and had muscles as well from lifting all those M82's.

I once had a short stint as Ordnance officer -- the powers from on high put me in there instead of the CWO for the Nuke inspection -- kind of like a hired gun as just prior I was Nuke Safety to get all the paperwork in order -- now what does an LSO know about loading and paperwork, anyway??? But we got the best loading scores the WestPac inspectors had recorded in 13 years, so something worked right. Afterwards, I put on a big party for the boys at the EM club -- the old one near the NEX annex, and from then on -- whenever I need any "help" on the beach, I could usually count on 2-3 Ordies to show up and save me from myself.

thumb_030324-N-5781F-007.jpg
eotf3sm.jpg
011007-N-5902H-001.jpg
loading.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
That's funny , ghetto breath --- our Ordies were always the "muscle" in the squadron and on the beach when on liberty. If you got into a scrape -- call for the Ordies for help. The line division prided themselves on being "tough" -- and they were --- but the Ordies were tough -- and had muscles as well from lifting all those M82's.
Yeah, AOs are a tough bunch (I don't know how I slipped though the cracks). The AO1 in my last squadron accidentally broke one of the other JO's legs during a post drink-ex rough housing session. Oops! ;)

Brett

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
Oh the storys about our craziness. Im not really sure how I slipped through the cracks either. I had orginally signed up to be in the Navy band but changed my mind right before boot camp and the only thing left was AO so I picked it. Everybody else in the squadron considers me an anomaly because I am refered to as "Hey go get that smart AO. Yeah the one who can read and write!"

Status
Not open for further replies.