• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier Qualification

blackbart22

pilot
Night VFR pattern: a tin can at the 180 in addition to the plane guard, moved the pattern all the way up to 500', two ensigns and an AT3 in an AD-5W, all for $220 a month plus $100 skins.

ProwlerPilot

pilot
First Day trap:

Holy crap that's a Real Aircraft Carrier!......... find your interval..... put your gear down.... it really is the ship!...... trim..... it looks just like the pictures!..... no, seriously, trim...... interval?... Why is the round-down so white?..... oh crap turn!..... 27-30, 27-30, 27-30....... I wonder if I can read the name on the back..... Don't look there!..... Roll out.... where's the ball.... there's a plane on the cat!..... look at the ball!..... press radio, stop flying, talk..... uhh, goshawk, uhhh ball... unkey mike and fix low.... there are people on the island!.... fly!... TRAP! HOLY CRAP!!... That was awesome!! Why is this guy with a yellow turtleneck so pissed off at my plane?!

Night trap: F it's dark.... F It's dark..... That can't be the ship!... Why aren't the deck lights on?..... F it's dark.... F it's dark..... Seriously they should turn those things on bright..... F it's dark..... Oh, they are on..... F it's dark..... I can hear my heart.... This sucks.... F it's dark..... fly the needles.... Ball call... needles.... lights... speed.... deck rush... lights get big.... plane stops... Screw this!!! That is stupid!!! Why would I ever do that 6 more times tonight? I wonder if they want more SWOs? Maybe I can go to truck driving school? That was stupid..... That was stupid..... That was stupid.... Why are those yellow wands so mad at my jet?... Please don't send me to the CAT!

The way I feel, we get paid way too much money to trap during the day, and not NEARLY enough to do it at night!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Night trap: Why are those yellow wands so mad at my jet?... Please don't send me to the CAT!

The way I feel, we get paid way too much money to trap during the day, and not NEARLY enough to do it at night!

ProwlerPilot, Very well said...love it! +1:D
BzB

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
First Day trap:

Holy crap that's a Real Aircraft Carrier!......... find your interval..... put your gear down.... it really is the ship!...... trim..... it looks just like the pictures!..... no, seriously, trim...... interval?... Why is the round-down so white?..... oh crap turn!..... 27-30, 27-30, 27-30....... I wonder if I can read the name on the back..... Don't look there!..... Roll out.... where's the ball.... there's a plane on the cat!..... look at the ball!..... press radio, stop flying, talk..... uhh, goshawk, uhhh ball... unkey mike and fix low.... there are people on the island!.... fly!... TRAP! HOLY CRAP!!... That was awesome!! Why is this guy with a yellow turtleneck so pissed off at my plane?!

Night trap: F it's dark.... F It's dark..... That can't be the ship!... Why aren't the deck lights on?..... F it's dark.... F it's dark..... Seriously they should turn those things on bright..... F it's dark..... Oh, they are on..... F it's dark..... I can hear my heart.... This sucks.... F it's dark..... fly the needles.... Ball call... needles.... lights... speed.... deck rush... lights get big.... plane stops... Screw this!!! That is stupid!!! Why would I ever do that 6 more times tonight? I wonder if they want more SWOs? Maybe I can go to truck driving school? That was stupid..... That was stupid..... That was stupid.... Why are those yellow wands so mad at my jet?... Please don't send me to the CAT!

Best description of CQ I have ever heard. Nice.

MasterBates

Anyone in the VaBeach area good at splicing 8mm tapes and transferring them to DVD?

I have my CQ tape that the Goosehawk ate that I'd like to watch.

Joe Kaposi

You flew the C-1?? Saw one on the Midway the other day.

As for me, I don't recall what I was thinking for my initial T-2C CQ. I remember coming down on a CASE II with the lead safe, 3 plane formation. This was off the coast of San Diego, USS Kitty Hawk, and the weather was right at 800', dipping down to 600' at times while in the pattern. It was raining a bit too and I thought, what the hell am I landing is this weather for? Little did I know that it would just get worse as we got to the fleet. I think I just didn't want to fail or die....or look bad :icon_smil I completed 3 days later and moved on to VAW-120 and flew the C-2. Found out that the COD is way harder to land than a T-2. The Thunder Pig was a beast.
Any PLAT footage that i can add to my collection?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Any PLAT footage that i can add to my collection?

I don't mean to come off as an asshole when I say this but theres nothing more disappointing right now then clicking on a bunch of interesting threads, saying a bunch of prayers to the NIPR gods, re-opening windows after they've timmed out repeatedly on my ships terriby slow internet connection to that the addition to the thread is yet another post from you asking for PLAT cam footage, and then seeing your name next to every other thread on the list.

Its nice to see you love aviation as much as we do. If you haven't already (and I think you have), you could post a new, single, thread asking for PLAT footage instead of barraging the rest of them.

Joe Kaposi

Yeah i know what you mean and i apologize. This is my first ever forum so its a learning curve for me. The admins sent me a message about it too. I've now started my own two threads and am replying to guys who message me through them (a few already) so i'm presuming you won't get those notifications. And no..i don't think you are an 'asshole' and i hope you don't think i'm one. Learning thats all. BTW I'm not just a civilian ghoul, i served as an aircraft handler/crash rescue aboard Australia's last carrier 77-79.