• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Castro Missing at May Day...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, our current policy has worked out so well over the past 50 years, why change now? :rolleyes: Seems like Raul is a bit more on the pragmatic side. I say we lock him in a room with Richard Holbrooke until they hash out a plan to end this little charade we've been playing. Wake up call for both sides: Communism is dead and the Russians probably aren't going to bring back their ICBMs. There's a fortune in tourist dollars to be made and the Cuban people could really use someone to lead them out of the dark ages.

Brett

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I say we try to take him out. We stopped trying to do that with his dad after we f'ed it up a few times, but with Raul we have a clean slate. ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....There's a fortune in tourist dollars to be made and the Cuban people could really use someone to lead them out of the dark ages.

Brett
Take me !!! TAKE ME !!!! TAKE MEEEEE-E-E-E!!

When Cuba reopens for "business" ... I'm gonna be one of the first "boat people" heading 90 miles south out of Key West ....

Cuban sunset, Cuban cigar, Havana Club in 'da glass .... ahhhhhhh .....

cuba2ox0.jpg

statesman

pilot
I think we should be taking out that Chavez guy first.
I have a feeling Chavez is going to say something stupid enough for that to become a reality. Or his people are going to get tired of him rigging the elections and take him out for us.

statesman

pilot
Well it was all hearsay for sure, nothing official, but I have also never heard anything to the contrary.

Either way even if his successor, who ever it is, is more moderate I don't think much will change.

BlkPny

pilot
Lift the embargo and resume trading with them.

There's no such thing as a rich communist.

corvairdroptop

Lift the embargo and resume trading with them.

There's no such thing as a rich communist.

Agreed. I think we need to make it clear that our problem was Castro; I think the citizenry is very capable of reconciliation.

I think it's a very unpredictable situation. Our current government has a stated goal of ending the communist regime with Castro's death. I think it could go anywhere. I'm also very curious to see how the exiles handle it, perhaps trying to get their parents' property back.

And most importantly, if we don't make moves on hiring their auto mechanics Iran might find help maintaining their Tomcats. Need some American-spec hydraulic fluid for an aging piece of equipment? Just give them some maple syrup, paint thinner, and an egg beater. Problem solved.

Chevy1_Trinidad.jpg

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Well it was all hearsay for sure, nothing official, but I have also never heard anything to the contrary.

Either way even if his successor, who ever it is, is more moderate I don't think much will change.

Why is your username "statesman?"