• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CEC Board Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Does anyone know when the next board meeting is for the CEC? and when the last one was completed? Thanks! anxiously waiting here!

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
I don't exactly know the dates, but CEC is pretty good getting boards done. I think they have one every 6 weeks. I also heard that if they have enough applicants, they have one.

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
I don't know anyone who has been accepted or applied for CEC lately. Did you just apply for BDCP CEC?

I've been in the program for 11 months now, and I love it...

UWCEC

I'm CEC BDCP, I got into the program May 25th, OCS May 20th, after a frustrating 9 months of paperwork and tests. They are cutting back but people are still being accepted as long as you don't go to OCS until 06 or 07.

04Hopeful

No I am not competing for BDCP, I am going for OCS. Thanks for the info however and good luck to both!

NCSUperg

I was final select about three weeks ago and my OCS date is in January '05 - I just got my degree in May so I'm not in BDCP.

04Hopeful

Thanks! NCSUperg, that was before I put my package in so hopefully another board will convene soon. Btw, did the detailer call you, or did you get a call from your recruiter? Just curious that what I can expect. Many thanks!

NCSUperg

My recruiter called me - in fact I never even spoke with the detailer - just the accessions officer. It took about 6 weeks from pro-rec to final select and it also took about 5-6 weeks from when i sent in the application to hear on pro-rec.

04Hopeful

Hahaha...*looks around for a set of wings*....hummmmm...nothing.....is it for sale maybe? ;-)

CryptoMarine

Stats?

I just submitted my paperwork for CEC. I'm a fairly competitive candidate except for the fact that I won't be out of school till spring of 07. I actually have about 120 hours of college, but most of that was in Arabic and Spanish (I learned what the Marines told me to learn). I’m actually about halfway through my degree but because of the way these engineering classes build on each other I cant gradate any sooner. This is good for me in some ways because I have a much lighter load per semester then most students, but it’s bad because (this comes from the accessions officer that interviewed me) CEC doesn’t like to give out scholarships when someone is so far out from graduating. Apparently they got burned a few times with people getting into the program then letting their grades drop.
I would have to get in the BDCP CEC instead of their 2 year program. NCSUperg, since you were recently accepted, would you mind telling me your stats? I would like to have an idea of my chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.