• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CF on JFK Ground......

KBayDog

Great find, BI.

That controller was a riot. "Who was that? And you're where? And you're doing what? Short of who?" :icon_lol:

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Only a kid from the Brawnks or Joisey (sic both) would think aloud while holding the mike down. Great entertainment.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had to laugh at the foreign crews mumbling to themselves and then getting overrun by the New Yorker . . .

MasterBates

Ahh.. BOS ground made me glad the few times I went there I was told:

Switch tower, They'll clear you from present position..

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ctrller: "jesus, now I'm all screwed up....gentlemen....sigh..."

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Every SNA with airline aspirations should hear this...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The controller was not set up for success by one of my biggest pet peeves: only using number vice full callsign on the radio.
The one that stuck out was the guy answering "77" instead of "Jetblue 77" Im guessing was definitely the possibility for multiple 77s out there.
This is applicable to this scenario as well as the CAS stack.

Edit: got nothing but good things to say about JFK tower when transitting their airspace in a Cobra. It was almost as good as holding airliners so the Marines could fly through, great people.

plc67

pilot
Having flown in and out of JFK 30 years I can say it ain't over till the chocks are in. ATC does not like to lead you by the hand. LAX isn't a whole lot better, but the controllers at both places are on top of their game;usually.