• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances for a Commission

DIVO

When you send up your med docs - include a hand written statement (on our forms) on level of activity.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just looking at this, this is going to be one hell of a MEDREAD and physical process to get though. Best of luck! If you can get through this the rest is a piece of cake (relatively speaking)!

DCPerilli

Just looking at this, this is going to be one hell of a MEDREAD and physical process to get though. Best of luck! If you can get through this the rest is a piece of cake (relatively speaking)!

Thanks! Are you familiar with the physical process? How many would I have to make it through.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks! Are you familiar with the physical process? How many would I have to make it through.

many ways this could go, MEPS could say "PDQ" after reading your records, then N3M gets involved, they could go "justified" or "not justified", if they say "justified" then you are looking at MEPS physical, probable consult, then N3M reviews from there, and that is just one path

DCPerilli

many ways this could go, MEPS could say "PDQ" after reading your records, then N3M gets involved, they could go "justified" or "not justified", if they say "justified" then you are looking at MEPS physical, probable consult, then N3M reviews from there, and that is just one path

Oh wow. So there are multiple avenues. The med process is all very unclear to me at this point. My NOR said she would discuss my issues with the medical liaison.

DCPerilli

Latest update:

I spoke with LT. Smith from NRD Philly. I told him I didn't want to waste anyone's time because I've gone through this issue before with the USCG. He said if I really didn't want to waste time then the answer would be No. But he said that doesn't mean I can't try.

So I'm going to send in all of my documentation to him and he'll forward to the captain for review.

In your experiences, what types of medical information should I obtain?

DCPerilli

I just reviewed the assessment given by the ADHD doc when I was 16.

The final assessment says:

"At this point, while the patient does demonstrate some symptoms of ADD, the evidence clearly does not represent a diagnostic "smoking gun". Presuming he is a medically suitable candidate, a trial of stimulant therapy might be considered, but clinical observation of effectiveness will be important."

This really pisses me off. The shrink didn't say I surely had it, but I was given the medicine anyway and now it may screw me out of my dream job.