• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances?

Tennis21

Hello, i have finish my application and i am being considered for the august board review (1st one).

When will i most likely know, either way?

Sat's: 1290
GPA: 3.83 (unweighted)
many ec's

first choice University of San Diego

Thank you!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello, i have finish my application and i am being considered for the august board review (1st one).

many ec's

Thank you!

Let me know if you end up coming out to USD. Hope you're single. :D

Brett

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

many ec's

Thank you!

First you need to use proper capitalization. Then proper past tense of verbs...then maybe we'll be able to tell.

Just kidding. You'll know when you know. If you are an Out-of-state student, USD is pretty pricy...and that's going to possibly be a factor. I'm convinced the only reason I got NROTC at Georgia Tech is because it was so damn cheap...I was waitlisted.

Either way..you have got to do a search. We've answered this question 100,000 times. Get your $hit in, sit and wait like the rest of us. Until then, build a model, have some fun and talk about the cool stuff in aviation... ;)

sbpilot

How many different review boards are there going to be?? My Los Angeles recruiter disappeared on me, and I submitted my electronic app like three weeks ago so I dont know what to do. I'm very concerned at this point since I havent completed the rest of the process and the board is already meeting !! I put in for Berkely, UCLA, Boulder, and USC in that order. Is there any unit activity at the schools in the summer? I am going to visit all of those schools next week and am thinking about calling them up to possibly meet with someone.

jtellez

Well I got one for VMI, and you have better stats then me. Plus this is an early board, mine was chosen on the last or second to last board because I turned it in late.

My stats were : 3.3 gpa(first 3 years), 1180 sats(550m, 630v). I do live in VA so I did get in-state tuition which saves like 20,000 a year. Plus I had 7 APs, 2 honors, varsity letters in track. Also gpa upward trend (3.2, 3.0, 3.8, 4.). In my interview the guy also really liked me and said he would give me the highest marks. I hope that info can help.

Well anyway, the wait is long and difficult, I rememeber checking my status 10 times a day for months. All I can say is keep working hard, PT-ing, and hopefully all will come out well.

nrotcbruin

Hmm, for the scholarship and school seems like you have competetive scores.

For sbpilot, I'm at UCLA and there is pretty much no activity. We just have the ensigns just commissioned come in everyday and see what needs to be done. All the mids here at on summer cruise.

Our freshman officer instructor is here during the summer, so you could contact him.

Tennis21

The navy pays $30,000 for USD, which puts it with all other private schools as well in regards to a $30,000+ tuition.

sbpilot

Thats crazy. Would a candidate have better odds if they chose a school with $8000 tuition, even if the app process was completed late?