• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charlotte flyover costs AF pilots

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
I think it was addressed in the original thread on his flyover that he got his next set of flying orders after a little while.
Just curious, what would his next set of flying orders will be? Any speculation that it won't be glamorous?

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
Just curious, what would his next set of flying orders will be? Any speculation that it won't be glamorous?

There's no "flying a dump truck full of rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong" bad deal flying anymore in the Navy anymore. If he got to continue on to anything with wings, he's probably fine.

You get punished by being sent to a boat (CVN Fuels Officer comes to mind) or random staff to run out the clock on your contract as a 1300 warm body, lat transfer to a different community, or separate.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
A good example of why it's great to be a helo doing a flyover. The direct quote from the FAA guy when I did a flyover of an Eagles game in 2011, "I don't care how low you go, just don't hit anything". Needless to say, we were looking up at the top of the stadium when we were at the 50 yard line.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A good example of why it's great to be a helo doing a flyover. The direct quote from the FAA guy when I did a flyover of an Eagles game in 2011, "I don't care how low you go, just don't hit anything". Needless to say, we were looking up at the top of the stadium when we were at the 50 yard line.
I'm curious how/if the CNAF guidance for helo flyovers differs from fixed wing, because it's pretty specific for us, regardless of whatever the local FAA rep "authorizes."

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The flyovers I did had very specific guidance from higher up so there was no deviation or misinterpretation.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor

That sounds like a kick ass fly over! Do you have any cool picture or video to show us? I wish I could have been there!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm curious how/if the CNAF guidance for helo flyovers differs from fixed wing, because it's pretty specific for us, regardless of whatever the local FAA rep "authorizes."

The flyovers I did had very specific guidance from higher up so there was no deviation or misinterpretation.

Concur with xj. In 2008, I did a flyover of a Jags game and it was very specific (and very lame). The crowd still enjoyed it, but as an aviator (and a helo guy), you'd notice it was pretty vanilla.

My favorite part was the speed restriction. Kind of makes it hard to make up time at "...land of the freeeeeeee..." timing point and still stay within CNAF's regs.