• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Master Inflight Refueling

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
Wouldn't be the first (or last) "unilateral information exchange" to go down during Clinton's watch...
I got news for you, genius. That went down in 2001.

Brett

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Flash said:
;)

Who is they? If 'they' is the US, what makes you think we do not keep an eye in them? I guess that EP-3 that went down in China was just checking out some good spots to go surfing in the South China Sea, I hear the Spratleys have some wicked waves......Just remember, Charlie don't surf..... ;)
EDIT: EA6Bflyer made my point...

"They" is China... "they" should be watched. I wasn't saying that "we" weren't watching "them," but that "we" should keep doing so. My point (yes, unclear...) was that we should not totally write off their advancments as harmless. Crawling before walking, that's all.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
EDIT: EA6Bflyer made my point...

"They" is China... "they" should be watched. I wasn't saying that "we" weren't watching "them," but that "we" should keep doing so. My point (yes, unclear...) was that we should not totally write off their advancments as harmless. Crawling before walking, that's all.

Good point, but the source was pointed out as propoganda rag. Just because they say it is true doesn't mean it is :icon_wink .

zuggerat

Schnuggapup said:
resizeofteam20america6vb.jpg

I'm So Ronry...I'm So Ronry...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
That has got to be one of the most annoying links ever posted here. Not quite as bad as Fly's kitty kat fetish, but still up there. I was tempted to just leave that page up while I went out boozin' tonight, just to piss my roomate off. He deserves it.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
What about Germany? Israel? I'm sure there are others too.

I doubt Israel has much of a need for in-flight refueling. You could fly the width of the country in 10 minutes; there's really not much to be gained unless you're staging tankers outside their airspace. That'd explain why they're so big on slapping conformal fuel tanks on their fighters.

Grant

I doubt Israel has much of a need for in-flight refueling. You could fly the width of the country in 10 minutes; there's really not much to be gained unless you're staging tankers outside their airspace. That'd explain why they're so big on slapping conformal fuel tanks on their fighters.

I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure that they currently have air-to-air refueling capability. I know for fact that Germany does. Their F-4 Phantom II's were originally delivered without inflight refueling capability, but it was later retrofitted.

All I meant to say is that I believe some countries were left off that list.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The IAF tanks. I've seen it with me own eyes. None of you douche bags speculators has a clue as to what tanking is all about anyway. Why don't you stop guessing and ask some questions?

Brett

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
The IAF tanks. I've seen it with me own eyes. None of you douche bags speculators has a clue as to what tanking is all about anyway. Why don't you stop guessing and ask some questions?

Brett

Pretty harsh Brett.;)

Anyway, I can think of several other countries that have IFR capability (and have used it).

India - Has 6 IL-78 tankers. Just did a joint exercise with the French where their Su-30's tanked from both Indian and French tankers.

Iran - Has two or three 707 style tankers. Conducted long range strikes with refueling into Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The Chinese believe that ultimately, to ensure their political ands social survival, they must win out over the USA. Whether that means either economically or militarily - they'd very much like to see our ability to compete for resources drastically reduced.

There is only so much aerable land and fresh water, and petroleum reserves folks.

Don't underestimate the Chinese Hegemony - think we won't go to war with them in the next 20-100 years? Think again.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know that a few middle eastern countries maintain a margin of proficiency. I have tanked Omani aircraft on both of my previous cruises.