• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinooks Sabotaged at Factory

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
We had a bunch of Boeing and former Boeing workers tour our working area and get a brief about the Growler a few weeks back. I was one of the "tour guides." They have a TON of pride in their work. That makes an impression, to say the least.

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
They have a TON of pride in their work.

Let's just say the Boeing people that work in Phillie, are not exactly the Boeing people that work in Seattle, and Everett. Also, Boeing employees consist of alot of McDonnel Douglas, guys who were super when they wore a different hat, so Boeing inherited a good work force.

I always get the feeling the Boeing Vertol division is the bastard step child of the country. They'd love for it to go away, but they made that fatal mistake of making a couple good helicopter designs in the sixties and now they can't shake it.

We've had some major workmanship and quality control problems with our "brand new" helicopters coming from the Philadelphia factory. We had a ton of electrical anomolies on an aircraft that had about 200 hours on it. We pulled the transformer rectifier to find it was an old, corroded "A" model (Vietnam!) rectifier that probably worked for years bolted right onto a shiny new mounting pad. Stories like that are typical now days.

If you bought an 85 million dollar car that had those kinds of problems, you take it back and demand a refund. Not us, we just drive on and dump millions fixing them locally.

Mike-

Pags

N/A
pilot
You, sir, have offended me. Swords at dawn. :icon_smil

Its Philly. With a "y". :D

Damn straight it is. The only time the i and e are applicable are when you're writing "Phillies", ie: The Phillies are an awful baseball team.

lmnop

Awful baseball teams go to the playoffs and are 2 games over 500? And they also have the MVPs from the previous two years?

True...if one were to use the words 'awful' and 'baseball' in reference to PA, it should certainly be when discussing the Buccos. Maybe this will be the year that they can get above .500, but I've been holding my breath since '92 and it hasn't helped...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Yet another successful AW threadjack. I do believe this thread is on its third topic.. and in only 12 posts. Amazing.