• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clam Shelling

Whalebite

I know you are an experienced aviator, and I have the utmost respect, for you and your friends. I look up to your service and your contributions. I do not think you are ignorant, certainly not inexperienced, or clueless.

Now, back to the subject, the US, as President Bush has dictated, although current prisoners are considered enemy combatants, that we would as policy, and thus law, uphold the Geneva convention, which states "prisoners may not be humiliated or degraded, They must be protected against all acts of violence, insults, public curiosity, and reprisals of any kind"
Therefore personal pictures of prisoners made public, are in violation of US policy and law. In the military we do not get to make up our own regulations at our whim. We may disagree with policy, but that does not give us the right to break lawful order.
As for who I am, an informed American, need not have titles to be knowledgeable, as I have said in the past.

S.O.B.

pilot
Whalebite said:
I know you are an experienced aviator, and I have the utmost respect, for you and your friends. I look up to your service and your contributions. I do not think you are ignorant, certainly not inexperienced, or clueless.

Now, back to the subject, the US, as President Bush has dictated, although current prisoners are considered enemy combatants, that we would as policy, and thus law, uphold the Geneva convention, which states "prisoners may not be humiliated or degraded, They must be protected against all acts of violence, insults, public curiosity, and reprisals of any kind"
Therefore personal pictures of prisoners made public, are in violation of US policy and law. In the military we do not get to make up our own regulations at our whim. We may disagree with policy, but that does not give us the right to break lawful order.
As for who I am, an informed American, need not have titles to be knowledgeable, as I have said in the past.

He’s retired.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Whalebite said:
.......Now, back to the subject, ......personal pictures of prisoners made public, are in violation of US policy and law. .

Soooo, if that's your litmus test .... you should go after the guys who made the pictures ..... "public" ..... Yes??

But the ACT itself ??? You (nor I, for that matter) have not a clue as to the circumstances surrounding the pictures. They are old news. Therefore, they are not news. The guys who did these deeds have already been punished. What are you ... an Islamic fascist??? It's done ... just ask ABC News. And tying someone up? "Torture"?? That's jolly. It ain't "torture". Not even close ... :)
Whalebite said:
....As for who I am, (I am) an informed American.....
That still remains to be seen --- I can call myself a Boeing 747, but that doesn't make it so ..... And your AW profile bio still says "N/A" ??? That won't cut it. You either have credibility or you are just another irrelevant, squeaky, noisy input. One that doesn't matter .... one that is "n/a".

I'm sure you are a fine young man (or woman? either way ... ). But you don't know what you are talking about. And talk is usually cheap. It doesn't mean you are a bad person. It just means you haven't done anything, other than high school, the Prom, get rid of your pimples, college, , and get into flight school. Therefore, all your worldly knowledge is ... "theoretical". Sorry to chip away at your fine opinion of yourself ... but that's life.

Put up or shut up. No one cares about uninformed opinions. I'm done arguing with someone who describes them self as "n/a". :)

AW smiles .... :icon_rast

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
zab1001 said:
complete threadjack...I am now on a mission to find a new use for the term "Clamshelling" a la "Dutch Oven"/"Dirty Sanchez"/"Stinkpalm"/"Blackbeard"

now back to "Is It Torture?"
Shaving, i.e. no longer a "bearded clam"?

Whalebite

SOB: I know hes retired, never said otherwise.

You have alluded to me being: ignorant, clueless, an Islamic fascist, irrelevant etc etc. without addressing my point at all. If you want respect you have to be respectful in return. I don’t need to call someone names to get my point across. I am also not going to change my user profile because you don’t like it. I don’t need to cite my resume for my argument to be right, I have cited law, you have cited: “squeaky” This is a public forum, for all those interested in naval aviation. If it is changed to the forum of people with over X000 flight hours who post their entire resume and use it at their sole basis as an argument then that would be different.

If you actually read what I have posted, I never said if it was or wasn’t “torture” so I don’t know where your getting all this from. The pictures do not have to be made public to be illegal. I do not make up the laws, but yes I believe if you break the law you should be held accountable.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
( Thanks, HAL ... I really needed this ... ;) ... love ya, Brother.)

Whalebite said:
(paraphrase follows): ... talk, talk, talk .... more talk ... blah, blah, blah ... listen to me ... I'm important, too ....

I'm doing you the "kindness" of one more response ... because you need to learn how to read what someone writes .... and hopefully understand it.

Your "respect" ??? To clarify: are we talking about "respect" from someone who doesn't "respect" him/herself enough to put something other than "not applicable" on their AW profile ??

Answer: Not impressed. Don't need it. I don't care whether or not I have your "respect". It's a non-starter for me. I'm not your big brother and I'm not trying to impress nor mentor you --- mainly because you don't listen well. You think you have the program wired. The ignorance of youth ... but then, as you said ... you're "informed", yes??
A4sForever said:
Put up or shut up. No one cares about uninformed opinions. I'm done arguing with someone who describes them self as "n/a". :)

AW smiles .... :icon_rast
I suspect while growing up, not too many people told you: "You're wrong". Sorry .... Game ... Set ... Match. Welcome to the real world.

... A4s ... really, really OUT (as in D-O-N-E) on this one.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Whalebite, just as a matter of opinion, I don't think you've said anything wrong or out of line. Sometimes you just have to win by losing. Break the wrist and walk away.

Whalebite

Date of Birth:
February 14, 1906
BALANCING ACT BETWEEN THE "TERRITORY" AND THE "ROCK"
Interests:
MAKING YOU CRY AND WET THE BED ....
Latest News:
WOKE UP THIS MORNING ... AIN'T LIFE GRAND ??

Im really not worried about it, not loosing any sleep over childishness

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
Wtf?

Hey gang,
Whalebite's original question was if A4's was a prisoner or not. I don't think he was asking to be rude, just asking out of curiosity/interest. :confused:

As for the photo - why do people keep taking pictures in these situations? To show the family when you get back home!? Just stop doing it, and proceed extracting the necessary information from these people.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whalebite said:
Date of Birth:
February 14, 1906
BALANCING ACT BETWEEN THE "TERRITORY" AND THE "ROCK"
Interests:
MAKING YOU CRY AND WET THE BED ....
Latest News:
WOKE UP THIS MORNING ... AIN'T LIFE GRAND ??

Im really not worried about it, not loosing any sleep over childishness
The difference is that A4s' reputation and standing here is already well established.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
You know.. arguing with A4's on this forum.. not a great idea. Prolly the most respected guy here.. just sayin.
Sound advice. :D

Brett

S.O.B.

pilot
NavyVance said:
You know.. arguing with A4's on this forum.. not a great idea. Prolly the most respected guy here.. just sayin.

No disrespect intended for A4 but who cares if whalebite wants to argue a point. If we agreed all the time this would be very boring.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
AOs, especially AO LDOs and Chiefs have a sadistic sense of humor. They saw clam shelling as both effective and fun. They used it a lot.

Came home drunk + dad catching me = intimately familiar with clamshelling