• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNN and AP: Kim Jong Il dead

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NK tv reporting Kim's kicked it. Guess we'll see how well that succession plan works out.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can't say that I'm too optimistic about the son based on what I've read.

Brett

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Depends on his strength as a leader. I don't know what you've read, Brett but I honestly don't know a whole lot about him. Obviously there's a power vacuum now that was probably going to be filled by his son, however if there are "groups" inside who want to edge their way to the top, now's the time to do it. It sounded like he had been groomed by his father to take over eventually. But yes, "Won't Get Fooled Again" has been an appropriate song for much of this year...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Just realized how young his son really is, around 28. Going to be very interesting to see how these next couple of weeks/months are going to go.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I wish I could be optimistic that things will change any time for the people of NK.

But in this case, I am reminded of the words of a guy named A4s...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wish I could be optimistic that things will change any time for the people of NK.

But in this case, I am reminded of the words of a guy named A4s...

You bullseyed the nail...unfortunately for the NK masses, things can only get worse and the world situation more dangerous.
BzB

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
2011: The year of the dead tinpot dictator!

But seriously, I worry about the coming power struggle and destabilizing of the region in an attempt to take focus away from their internal struggles.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't see this as a potential power struggle. The NK Politburo speaks with one voice. They're going to present a united front to the outside world and manage the inner machinations of the NK government in a strictly controlled manner. We're not going to see an internal power struggle, nor a Korean Spring type event here.

Brett