• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cockpit Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Unfortunately it's 100+ megs, so I don't really have a place to host it. I guess I really need to rerender it.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Yeah, it's not like there was anything to see on goggles, so he closed his eyes when I took the picture so his non-aided vision wouldn't be blinded.

I also have small video of the aircrewmen at a dance club (aka, the back of the helo), complete with glow sticks and a smoke machine (ECS). Quite amusing when you're bored out of your skull.

Might get flamed for this but thank god I dont have the possibility of that goign on in the back of my aircraft. Maybe Im a fun sponge but hey Im a Cobra pilot thatis what we do.

PS when did they change the T-34 cockpit?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmm, not sure, but whenever they put the GPS in. I know it was there at least a year before I got there... so....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey man, believe me, I'd rather be rolling in hot on something or vectoring in you homos to kill something, but when you have to provide SAR coverage for 3+ hours and no place to go bounce, you gotta entertain yourself somehow.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
B!thcing technology!!

I hear ya I have spent some quality time int he starboard D nad yes I have gotten to the "hey lets try this" stage of teh flight

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Hey man, believe me, I'd rather be rolling in hot on something or vectoring in you homos to kill something

LOL

anim_lol.gif

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
What about the SPAD, maybe the Wright Flyer, A4?
spad.jpg
flyer.gif

Ohhhhhh ... very, very cruel, phrog-man. And very, very, cruel coming from someone who flies what can best be described as the aeronatical equivalent of a cross-breeding experiment between a praying mantis and a cockroach gone horribly, horribly wrong.

I WEEP for the future of Naval Aviation. BTW, I have no truck with the Wright Brothers --- Wilbur gave me a down ... and Orville was a screamer .

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Flash said:
It was good seeing the office view (again) of some of my old mounts:
ERA-3B
You flew the Whale?! How did it feel to fly it without an ejection seat? Several of the DH's in my squadron would regale us with stories of it all the time.
slide01.jpg
nascubipatch1.jpg

LSO cross-training out of Cubi. I only got 7.5 hours stick time, but it was a great aircraft. Stong, powerful, and fast for subsonic --- when it got "up" on the plane. The lack of ejection seats never bothered me, I am not sure why -- only thought about it in passing. I was too busy getting my "stuff" together so I would not look like a fool.

The EA-3 birds were quite heavy empty and it took ALL of the runway to get airborne. 3 hops, only one took off to the east and we were relatively light on that one. The two that went off Runway 25 were HEAVY and we did not clear Grande Island by much --- gave the guys on the golf course a wave -- up close.

Those VQ boys said if I was going to wave 'em -- I had to fly 'em. I saw their point and it made me appreciate the A-3 finnesse required at the blunt end of the boat. Our Whale drivers were all hard-core, and good; only one nugget. One other AirWing LSO joined me in the cross-training program we ran over there -- the other guys' loss. I understand that VAQ-129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, and 135 all used to fly KA/EKA-3's. None at Whidbey when I showed up -- VAQ-129 was just transitioning to the Electric A-6.

updatba.gif
WHALE BALL !!

Status
Not open for further replies.