• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Colorado Redflag?

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
Here are some cool pictures I snapped down at Pueblo Memorial airport (KPUB) on a cross country flight today. I counted 6 f-5 aggressors and 2 F/A-18E builds sitting on the ramp and there were 2 more F/A-18s on the break into Pueblo when we were leaving. It looked like a huge BFM sortie was about to or did just take place down there. Anyone hear of anything? The F-18s were from VFA-105. Go Gunslingers! I love it when the Navy is in town and Colorado doesn't feel so much like an Air Force sausage fest.

Attachments

• DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 264
  • DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • DSC00090.JPG
    DSC00090.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • DSC00087.JPG
    DSC00087.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • DSC00088.JPG
    DSC00088.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 219

lucian_boy

i just left NAS fallon from a DET and the GUNSLINGER just arrived as we were leaving. i think there were on thier way to fallon.

man i love fallon!!!!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
105 was just transitting out to Fallon, sorry no BFM or Red Flag.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marine Corps/Navy "Bandits" = "Adversaries"

Those are Marine Corps aggressors from VMFT-401 "Snipers". Probably just doing some DACT

Mostly correct, but for purposes of education, the Air Force calls their dedicated DACT squadrons "Aggressors" and the Navy and Marine Corps call theirs "Adversaries". Just one of those things that services can't seem to agree on like how to pronounce SEAD, FYDP or which way target aspect works. Regardless, for more on VMFT-401, the only Marine Corps Adversary squadron (Navy now has 3 as well as NSAWC assets), check out their weblink.

vmftlogo.jpg

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
i just left NAS fallon from a DET and the GUNSLINGER just arrived as we were leaving. i think there were on thier way to fallon.

man i love fallon!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of Fallon, but I do like me some Reno and Lake Tahoe. :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mostly correct, but for purposes of education, the Air Force calls their dedicated DACT squadrons "Aggressors" and the Navy and Marine Corps call theirs "Adversaries". Just one of those things that services can't seem to agree on like how to pronounce SEAD, FYDP or which way target aspect works. Regardless, for more on VMFT-401, the only Marine Corps Adversary squadron (Navy now has 3 as well as NSAWC assets), check out their weblink.

I looked it up and did not realize that they stood up VFC-111 out of the VFC-12 det in Key West. Nice to see that they reformed an old squadron instead of coming up with a new one.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Return of the Sundowners

I looked it up and did not realize that they stood up VFC-111 out of the VFC-12 det in Key West. Nice to see that they reformed an old squadron instead of coming up with a new one.

Just happened in past year although Det was operating before that. Personally, I'd like to have seen the Blackbirds return as VFC-45, but there was some resistance to that and can't remember why. I'll ask Sir Buckethead next time we see each other.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?

Probably a typo, But it was actually the Saints of VFC-13's Det at Key West who became the 'Downers.

I would've rather saw the re-birth of the Wolfpack or Superheats myself...

Adam