• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commitment to Excellence

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Oh yes, the "Ring Toss," I remember it well. I also remember the requisite viewing of "12 O'Clock High" to reinforce those leadership traits every B-17 bomber squadron CO should have!
How could I forget to mention "12 O'clock High"?????? :eek:

snake020

Contributor

"And I want you to paint this name on the nose of your ship: Leper Colony. Because in it you're gonna get every deadbeat in the outfit. Every man with a penchant for head colds. If there's a bombardier who can't hit his plate with his fork, you get him. If there's a navigator who can't find the men's room, you get him. Because you rate him. "

Great flick.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
"And I want you to paint this name on the nose of your ship: Leper Colony. Because in it you're gonna get every deadbeat in the outfit. Every man with a penchant for head colds. If there's a bombardier who can't hit his plate with his fork, you get him. If there's a navigator who can't find the men's room, you get him. Because you rate him. "

Great flick.
It is until they stop it every couple of minutes to discuss leadership styles. :icon_rage

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You'll be happy to know that I commissioned in 2003 and they still show 12 O'Clock High for ROTC senior leadership. It IS a great movie though.

snake020

Contributor
afROTC still uses it as well. Back when I was in NJROTC it was even used although I'm probably only one from then who got anything out of it.

KBayDog

Yeah, great movie!

200px-Threeo11.jpg

"You and me, we're gonna have a fight. Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. You try and run, I'm gonna track you down. You go to a teacher, it's only gonna get worse. You sneak home, I'm gonna be under your bed."

(Oh, wait...TWELVE O'Clock High...oops. :D )

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
What you are talking about is the OCS video that you watch in the recruiting office with Officer Candidate Macklin. If you are in Idaho, the closest place to watch it is either SLC or Spokane. I doubt it's on the net but you could look.

It is supposed to give you a realistic idea of what OCS is like and pretty much does.

MasterBates

Is that the video with GYSGT Erwin?

I chucked when I saw it and my recruiter said "you are gonna have FUN there..."

I did. Just ask Kmac.