• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contract Question

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
What is required to get the commissioning loan? Do I just need to have the contract signed and be sworn in? That seems like it would help a lot to eliminate almost all of my high interest bills and consolidate into one low interest payment. I have not spoken to my recruiter about this yet...

TK

WIDGET

it's on usaa.com or call 1-800-292-8302
from what i remember, you need a copy of your orders and proof of comission.
but maybe it's case specific and they only needed my certificate because they knew i had already commissioned.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
My NRD sent a letter from a LT saying I was in the Navy and bingo, money to burn.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I did just recieve a notice from citi bank about an offer for an all purpose pre-approved 4,500 loan. It didn't list the % rate on it though.

Also... Im not sure what I would tell them... I don't think it is ideal to list being replaced at work or that I will be attending OCS in 2 months... They want to see earnings now...

TK

Look up Temp agencies in your area.

I worked through a temp agency and was only at the job for a little over a month. I came back from traveling abroad and 2 days later I had a job. That's the best advice I can give you.

WIDGET

thunderkiss, search around on airwarriors. i just read a post that said you can apply for the precommissioning loan up to 18 months before commissioning.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I'm sorry, could you repeat everything following the "Huge boobies" part?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor

No, not really. I was just pointing out to the entire forum that I, in fact, love huge boobies - Thus, projecting my affinity for the opposite sex in order to establish my masculinity in an anonymous medium. Makes me feel...manly. :D

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
I went to usaa.com and applied.... even if you are already commissioned and recieving the pay of an O-3 you will not qualify for 25k loan. I put my monthly income at 3k and was denied. Listed precommissioning to OCS etc. How were you guys able to get this? Is it a special program?

WIDGET

their customer service is outstanding. try talking to a representative tomorrow. they could probably explain everything.