• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contracting question (for past PLC'ers, etc. or current officers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
I wouldn't go so far as to say that you should go to OCS with no intention whatsoever to accept a commission. Although part of the function of OCS (particularly PLC) is to help candidates decide whether they really want to be officers, it's not for civilians who want to use it exclusively for the experience, self-improvement, and resume-building. That's not to say that your motives for going to OCS are wrong if those things are part if it, though. All you really need is that some part of your motive for going include the possibility of eventually becoming a Marine officer.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
I'm saying, if you are thinking about not taking your commission right now, before you even go, then this program is probably not for you, i never said anything about if you change your mind during. You should go into this with a positive attitude that this is something you want to do with your life.

warfront

four weeks or longer?

two more questions here,
you are obliged for four weeks,
so you could stay for the whole thing (6/10) weeks,
then determine if it is right for you, is that correct?
(forgive me, if i'm repeating this q. again btw)

i think 4 weeks might not be enough (for me) to figure out if
i'm gonna stick to it, so that's why I'm wondering if it is possible
to stay through the whole thing then decide.

and, how does one fail the PLC? can anyone site a few examples?

thanks to input in advance.

perchul

Well they won't let you graduate if your going to leave, which is pretty lousy but you can DOR at the last moment...some of the staff will treat you like real crap others will respect its a strange situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.