• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cool pic of aerial refueling

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Real tanker feeding real bomber ....

dsc01911sexymd3.jpg

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Hey 7 Turkey's and probably one working radar. Nothing like that huge swing wing to visually telegraph your energy state to everyone that's tally within 100 miles on that tennis court!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Better Refueling photo......

Over Iraq during OIF.......

TankHulaLQ.jpg

Attachments

• TankHulaLQ.jpg
    TankHulaLQ.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 32

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A real tanker refueling a real fighter (ah, just disregard the MK-82's, OK? :cool: )

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So how many plane captains and AMO's got rides for managing to stand up 7 Tomcats on one flight?

*and one more stir of the pot*

Actually, there were 12 Tomcats in area. These are just the ones tanking during CAP inside Iraq during last week in Desert Storm to block any aircraft from escaping to Iran. If you look closely at this higher res version, you'll see they are from different carriers and squadrons.....you mised the pot on this one....

BONGCAP.jpg

Photo by HJ

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Now thats old school. (Catmando)

BTW, what kind of f'd up formation is that you turkey's are flying off the mothership there?!?!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey 7 Turkey's and probably one working radar. Nothing like that huge swing wing to visually telegraph your energy state to everyone that's tally within 100 miles on that tennis court!

Very cheap and uninformed shot. This was a combat mission and every one of these jets fenced into Iraq fully mission capable. I never had a down radar on a single launch or spare during Desert Storm.

BTW - The energy state indicator is an old wive's tale with two edges to it.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Very cheap and uninformed shot. This was a combat mission and every one of these jets fenced into Iraq fully mission capable. I never had a down radar on a single launch or spare during Desert Storm.

Circa 1991 I'd believe it. Circa 2005 not a chance in hell. That was the joke at the Blacklions fly-in with -31. 22 Tomcats, and one working radar. I mean hell, who has a turning spare for the final flight/send off?!?! That was priceless! In all honesty, I'd have taken Tomcats over Hornets in a heartbeat if it was in the cards. (I didn't know any better!)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now thats old school. (Catmando)

BTW, what kind of f'd up formation is that you turkey's are flying off the mothership there?!?!

This wasn't an audition for the blues, it was sections showing up for gas and getting back to station ASAP and shuffling within lineup to get those needing gas the worst to the basket first. Note the differing squadrons from multiple carriers. Here's a prettier view after the high priority guys got their gas and departed for station.

BONGCAPcloseup.jpg