• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Couple of neat Prowler paint schemes

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A gathering of Prowlers

As the week went by, more and more Prowlers kept showing up

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4490-1.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

Photos by HJ

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Overheard on Oceana ground "Taxi to the Prowler Line."

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Overheard on Oceana ground "Taxi to the Prowler Line."

By the end of the day, there were three Prowler lines! Yesterday, there were at least of a couple lines of T-45s as well.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
As the week went by, more and more Prowlers kept showing up

IMG_4414.jpg

Photos by HJ
If anyone was ever curious what I looked like, that's me in ECMO-3.... (If the pics were in fact taken between 17 Oct and 23 Oct; I got a lot of FCLP time in ECMO-3 that week.)

S3Dude

pilot
We call it an abomination. ;) You Patriots - so smug. :D

Brett

We joke about making some capes to finish up the "look".

Brett, I don't know if you were up here for Prowler Ball but you may have seen our matching flag bow ties and cumber buns. It's a little ridiculous actually...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Desert Storm vintage Prowler enroute to Iraq over Saudi

DN-ST-91-04251.JPG

Photo by HJ

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
What in that shot looks like Bagram?

I guess it was just the clamshell hangar. Now that I think about it, I don't even know if there are Prowlers at Bagram, and even if I did, it would violate OPSEC to post it here.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I guess it was just the clamshell hangar. Now that I think about it, I don't even know if there are Prowlers at Bagram, and even if I did, it would violate OPSEC to post it here.

How would it do that? Do the Prowlers go into stealth mode when they take off and depart so no one knows where they are based?

Once a unit gets to where its going and starts conducting (particularly day) operations, the cat's out of the bag. Not to mention these publicly available pictures of them on the internet (assuming these are at Bagram).

Not that we (AW.com) have to blab about it to the world.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Ok, I understand. I just wasn't sure so I assumed it would be a violation. Better safe than sorry right?