• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Couple of questions before OCS...

wutzu

zuggerat said:
BIIRRTTHHH CONNNTRROOLLLL GOOOOGGLLESSSSS hahahahahah. Have fun with those!:icon_smil

Reminds me of a guy in my company at Jrs. The Duty I during Libo inspection hears this candidate talking about picking up chicks on libo, and the SI says "How you gonna pick up any kind a female with birth control glasses?" The candidate goes "no GySgt, these are *****-Catching Glasses!"

Pack light, I took alot of **** I didn't need the first time through. Self-adhesive envelopes are one extra thing I will bring (the envelopes you buy at bag issue seal themselves shut with the humidity). Take extra boot socks, and get good ones (Thorlos, Fox River, etc.) The ones you get issued suck. Get 5-Gallon Ziplock bags to put all your trash in so when you get picked up you can put it all back in your bag expeditiously. Your bag should be a sea bag or a back pack, because you're going to have to carry it for 3 or 4 days.

Mark all your stuff if you ever want to see it again, and even then you might not. There's only one thief in the Marine Corps, but everyone else is trying to get their stuff back, so if it's not lashed down it's not 100% safe.

And most importantly. The pants you wear for inprocessing? Make sure they're not your only pair, because they will get destroyed.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
FLYMARINES said:
Looking good in your OCS glasses, uh BCG's. ;)
I dont think its his glasses that prevent him from getting laid!

sector

I've been over the packing lists on the OCS site and from my OSO. I have also read most of these threads on packing; however, I haven't seen any info about personal items like skivies, socks, and things of the like.

How many pair of PT socks and skivies should we (those of us going to Juniors) bring? Are we given time to do laundry every few days?

V/r

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I would take about a weeks worth of socks. You do a lot of PT in go fasters, so you will need more white socks. As far as skivies you will wear the green silk ones they issue while in uniform.

xCOLEx

I'd bring a set of 6 or so pairs of low cut socks and any skivvies that you may already have. You'll get 2-3 sets of silkies and 2 trunks if I remember correctly. More can be purchased on the weekly px day as necessary. You can pretty much do laundry whenever the hell you want. I preferred to do my own during fire watch to ensure personal accountability. Make sure you mark everything also and you'll be g2g.