• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Covers and Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
KBayDog said:
So now we have to tell if he's a bag based on his performance, not just on his appearance?

Yeah, it's terrible. Now instead of simply putting fishing line in my creases and sowing down my pockets to get my 4.8's (or my good FITREP), I have to actually do stuff.

:D

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Wait - so the Corps finally found a way to save Marines both time and money?

BRILLIANT!

Apparently you haven't seen the cost of new cammies or boots. I don't recall my pair of black bates costing $120 or the old cammies costing $70/set. While I like the look of of the new cammies (esp. the deserts), I'm not a fan of how they're cut. The new ones feel like Hammer pants, don't blouse as well, and the blouses aren't as form fitting. Plus, they're hot as hell.... bring back that super lightweight ripstop fabric the old ones had. I'll iron them, I don't care.

/my .02

KBayDog

squeeze said:
Apparently you haven't seen the cost of new cammies or boots. I don't recall my pair of black bates costing $120 or the old cammies costing $70/set. While I like the look of of the new cammies (esp. the deserts), I'm not a fan of how they're cut. The new ones feel like Hammer pants, don't blouse as well, and the blouses aren't as form fitting. Plus, they're hot as hell.... bring back that super lightweight ripstop fabric the old ones had. I'll iron them, I don't care.

/my .02

Hehe - Hammer pants. Did anyone else own a pair of Skidz pants (think 1988 or so...)?

You're right - I went to OCS the summer that they started the switch, so I was issued all of my sets. (Kind of pissed me off, since I went to quarter sales at PISC and bought a bunch of garbage utilities to wear for OCS, but oh well...) Never had to buy the new digis.

That said, if I had spent 1/2 of the time I spent at my MOS school becoming proficient at my MOS (rather than ironing cammies and spit-shining boots for hours each night), I probably would have been better off as a junior enlisted.

ZGXtreme

Corporal of Grunts
KBayDog said:
Wait - so the Corps finally found a way to save Marines both time and money?

BRILLIANT!

Not for those of us who came in when we had woodlands! It has cost a small fortune to catch up to the requirements. Only thing we get issued in regards to the new uniforms in the Desert Digis, boots and Boonie for deployment. Other than that we have to pay to catch up to the Boots.

ZGXtreme

Corporal of Grunts
You got the hook up! Now, by the time most of us make it to OCS (should we decide to go or are physically able) we will have already bought a full issue lol. Guess having 2 of everything is better than 1 of everything!

KBayDog

ZGXtreme said:
You got the hook up! Now, by the time most of us make it to OCS (should we decide to go or are physically able) we will have already bought a full issue lol. Guess having 2 of everything is better than 1 of everything!

Nah, by that time they will have gone back to, "You need to bring your own utilities."

Double shaft...lol...

ZGXtreme

Corporal of Grunts
Then I will be WISHING it was like it is now where you can wear what you want so long as you wear the new boots. I'd have a set of cammies for every day of the week and then an inspection set or two.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The new cammies are good to go. I hated them when they came out, but now, I like them.

But I still don't like the boots. I had the real tall Carolina jump boots that shined up perfectly, they were awesome. These new boots are ugly.

You look like you are ready to crush some skulls with these bad boys:
carolina_978.jpg

ZGXtreme

Corporal of Grunts
I think the best look is faded Woodlands, sleeves down but cuffs rolled 2 times with the new boots! Or maybe that is just the Grunt in me talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.