• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crash course 101

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for all the help. Yea I actually may try to talk him into BDCP to be honest, or PLC if he is interseted in Marines.

He said he's interested in Aviation or SpecWar when I talked to him last for a second yesterday, but I think thats all he knows of. Im pretty sure hes in the serve first/whatever it is second; which is good. Hes our Goal Keeper and Wide Receiver... He's a big guy at 6'2-3" and 220lbs. But defintely an athlete so I am sure he wont get DQd for weight, the issue may be the Anthro measurements.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
When you enter the academy or nrotc they take your GI bill away from you. and if you don't graduate from collage then you have to go enlisted for 5 years active or pay the money back.

That's not entirely true. You can go to the Academy for 2 years commitment free.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Yeah I have seen the GI bill around the site. Is there an easy way to explain what it is?

Yes. When you join the Navy (enlisting or OCS, but not USNA/NROTC scholarship) you sign up to give them small $, in return they give you big $. You have 10 years from your date of separation to use your big $. The big $ can be spent on various forms of education. For more information search on this site or go to the VA GI Bill website

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If you are a 4yr nrotc scholarship, you can drop after the first year with no comittment/payback

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
That's true, and is useful for people who aren't sure if this is what they really want. But that's way before you service select, so if you end up with a job you don't like, it's too late.