• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carno

Insane
No, the problem was not the videos, in fact I had already seen every one of them. It was just the music that was annoying.

Hence my earlier comment, in which I expressed my distaste for the music...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The aircraft crashes ??? If it bothers you to watch ... then you are in the wrong business .... and you had better quit driving your cars for good measure ...

My primary problem was the Gucci music...as above.

That said, respectfully, there is a difference between being horrified by watching people die and not liking a "highlight clip" sequenced to music showing many fatal crashes. I have no problem with watching them per se...but did anyone really learn anything watching those? (serious question)

I just think that video was more geared towards getting some "Woah dude...did you see that!" from some Frat boys, then relaying anything important or informative about aviation. The music is a great example.

I accept that its part of my chosen profession...I don't accept that depiction of it for the sake of some cheap grins/emotion.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....That said, respectfully, there is a difference between being horrified by watching people die and not liking a "highlight clip" sequenced to music showing many fatal crashes. I have no problem with watching them per se...but did anyone really learn anything watching those? (serious question) ...

Noted ... and I agree ... I guess it just doesn't really "hit home" and/or bother me anymore unless I know the guys personally. I've seen (literally "seen" in one case) many guys die .... I've heard over and over ... "it was a good day to die ..." but personally, I don't know what that day is .... but I don't dwell on it anymore.

When your time is up .... your time is up. YOURs .... and MINE ....

When I was in VT-1 ... one of our T-34's crashed and burned at Silverhill (I think) and killed both the Instructor and the STUD. They hauled all the wreckage back to the hangar for the investigation and MADE all of us STUDs walk past it --- single file --- there was blood on the instrument panel --- it felt like a cold knife in the guts ... this was dangerous business .... to "teach us" how serious our prospective career was ....

Years later ... I went down with a team to Boardman, OR ... the bombing range ... to pick through the wreckage of one of our birds. We found the B/N's wedding ring ... and @ 5 pounds of "meat". It was hard --- very hard --- but it's part of the job ... the life ... the reality of Naval Aviation AND flying ....

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about this, if you get a privilidged video after a mishap protect it and dont let it end up on Youtube. There is a lot to be gained from mishap videos, we live in a visual world and one video can hammer home a point in a safety stand-down better than a million words.

I know of at least one video in that clip that was privlidged and some jackass put it online, want to be angry or disturbed-there is a righteous target for it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I know of at least one video in that clip that was privlidged and some jackass put it online, want to be angry or disturbed-there is a righteous target for it.
(amazing how much we get out of a thread)

Right ... and that is the problem with the "YOUTUBE" generation ... cheap thrills ... usually at someone else's expense ... a "high" ... rank internet stupidity from those who are ignorant and/or have never done anything and are living vicariously through others' "experiences" ...

We're PROFESSIONALS ... or wannabe professionals in some cases ... and there's a difference.

A.K.A. ..... We're better ....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about this, if you get a privilidged video after a mishap protect it and dont let it end up on Youtube. There is a lot to be gained from mishap videos, we live in a visual world and one video can hammer home a point in a safety stand-down better than a million words.

I know of at least one video in that clip that was privlidged and some jackass put it online, want to be angry or disturbed-there is a righteous target for it.
A4sForever said:
(amazing how much we get out of a thread)

Right ... and that is the problem with the "YOUTUBE" generation ... cheap thrills ... usually at someone else's expense ... a "high" ... rank internet stupidity from those who are ignorant and/or have never done anything and are living vicariously through others' "experiences" ...

We're PROFESSIONALS ... or wannabe professionals in some cases ... and there's a difference.

A.K.A. ..... We're better ....
Enough said. Though this thread has managed to spark some discussion about what is and is not appropriate to post, I see no need to have a 3 minute snuff film set to music posted here, especially if some privileged material did make its way in. I can't delete the post without deleting the thread, so the link itself is gone. I'm not penalizing the user as I don't think he had any intent to offend or be a troll, but the link is gone, and this thread is done.

If the supermods want to tinker with it, by all means go ahead. Otherwise, move along, nothing to see here . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.