• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Credit Score

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I have only bought one thing on credit (a house) and during the lending process my credit score was in the excellent category just from paying regular bills on time.

Brett327 said:
I love a self-contradictory post. I guess in your case that your "bunch of crap" was your house.

Sorry, allow me to grunt-proof my comment:

In other words, I never gave a damn about my credit score until I went to qualify for a home loan. During the lending process I retrieved my credit score in order to qualify for said home loan and found that my credit score "was in the excellent category just from paying regular bills on time."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
Sorry, allow me to grunt-proof my comment:

In other words, I never gave a damn about my credit score until I went to qualify for a home loan. During the lending process I retrieved my credit score in order to qualify for said home loan and found that my credit score "was in the excellent category just from paying regular bills on time."
That makes more sense, but the "myth" you speak of is more true than you think. There are probably as many ways to a high FICO score as there are to a low one, so whether you buy a bunch of crap on various credit cards, or one big turd of a car or house, it all helps you out in general.

Back on track though, your FICO, per se, isn't what they look at for your SSBI, so it's kind of a moot point.

Brett