• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cruise Q's

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
zippy said:
Things may have changed, but when I was going through, we weren't even allowed to bring our sea bags with us if we were flying international. Get a suit bag, and take that along with your regular suitcase. You should be able to hang it up in a standup storage compartment on the plane (Ask a flight attendant, they should be able to help you out.) You do need to bring your military ID with you. If you don't have it on your person, don't put it in any bag that leaves your sight.

So does anyone know for sure if we aren't supposed to use seabags on international flights? I haven't heard anything specific about this from the LT back at my unit.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Like I said, things may have changed (my international cruise was in summer of '02, things weren't like that before 9/11), or that could have just been a unit policy. If the LT didn't tell you not to bring it, then plan on doing so. Depending on what part of the world you are going to, you may be taking a MAC/AMC flight anyways.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Make the Enlisted guys salute you ... they like that a lot <sarcasm>.

Seriously though, go and see the FC's. If they shoot the CIWS (routine maint.), they might even let you push the button if you want to. Check out CDC for sure. See the guys in the PH shop and they might give you some PR photos of the boat or some aircraft. Spend some time with your running mate too, after all, you are supposed to be figuring out how the enlisted guys live, right?

Mostly just enjoy your trip and learn some stuff. Not necessarily quals, but just learn about how the Navy works from a blue-shirt perspective.

Good luck and have fun!

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
MO's go to CORTRAMID as their 3/c Cruise, and then they have a choice for 2/c cruise. It can be Mountain Warfare, a weapons orientation, and I believe one or two others (better ask a MO). And of course, 1/c go to OCS.

USN99

USN99
None
redmidgrl said:
MO's go to CORTRAMID as their 3/c Cruise, and then they have a choice for 2/c cruise. It can be Mountain Warfare, a weapons orientation, and I believe one or two others (better ask a MO).
What's the duration of the MO 2/c cruise?
And the MO 1/c Cruise/OCS - is duration still 8 weeks? :confused:

Crowbar

None
For Mids, Marine OCS is six weeks.

2/C cruise length varies...some do CAX, some go to Bridgeport, some get some kind of "aviation orientation" or something, some get it waived completely...

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
All 2/c MO Mids are going to Bridgeport for mountain warfare training for 3 weeks this summer. This is the first year that all are going (including females,) and it may continue in the future depending on how it goes this summer.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
HAL Pilot said:
You iron them when you get onboard.

Also roll/neatly fold up your uniforms with an ample supply of dry-cleaners plastic - it prevents wrinkles even in folded and rolled up clothes