• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Curious about Carriers

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Indian's are all about indigenous industry, even if it is a wasteful and extremely messy process. The intentions are good but they have have serious industrial and bureaucratic issues that inhibit most of their raw talent, part of the reason they are still using an American engine to power the prototypes.

As for it's supposed lack of capabilities, the decision to procure it is more of a political one based on national pride than anything else, even more so than most other countries, including us. They will gain some benefit from the experience which they may consider worth it, that remains to be seen.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
The Indian Navy is developing the Naval Version of its forthcoming LCA. Seems like such a small design would offer little in the way of range or weapons. That is to really be effective in such a role????

Can I get an acronym check on aisle 9 please??

What is an LCA? that's a new one for me.

Thanks

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Indian Navy is developing the Naval Version of its forthcoming LCA. Seems like such a small design would offer little in the way of range or weapons. That is to really be effective in such a role????

Plus, with the Indian Navy is already acquiring the Russian Mig-29K's. What's the need for the N-LCA in the first place. Unless, it was going to be used in a Carrier Training Role. Which, many Indian's flatly deny..........Confused???

Head over here and ask the experts....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... Confused???
Fucking 'confused'??? I don't fucking think so ...

So, hey, Crusader Rabbit, a quick fucking question, if I fucking may: what's your fucking story???

You say on your fucking profile page:
"Middle aged fucking (fucking -- I added that) professional with an interest in Military History and Hardware"

I say: professional fucking what ???

I LIKE Crusader-Drivers ... "Hud'N, Hud'N" ... (sorry Cat) ... and I 'might' take fucking umbrage at someone taking on their call-sign 'mantle' ... especially if he hasn't flown the fucking 'Ensign Eater' ...

Fucking thanks for your attention to this fucking matter ....

Standing the fuck by awaiting your fucking 'public' response ... :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can I get an acronym check on aisle 9 please??

What is an LCA? that's a new one for me.

Thanks

If HJ's link was too arduous a journey, LCA stands for 'Light Combat Aircraft' and is now officially called the Tejas. It's development, along with that of it's engine, has been a very long and convoluted process that will produce a fighter that is a bit behind it's time.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the backup Flash. I did find it but it nice knowing there's folks out there who'll help a shipmate out.

My first thought was Littoral Combat Aircraft, which means I must be reading the Navy Times too much...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You log on and ask questions in this thread, yet ignore ones asked of you???

Not done that way on AW. Start answering our questions or it will be all over real soon.
You are so much more fucking eloquent than I ... *sigh* ... fucking B/N's & RIOs ...

I ask you: what's the fuckin' use?? The B/N's & RIOs ... they always fuckin' 'win' ... :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry. I'm still stuck on that weird rabbit reference.

Did I miss something in my childhood? Don't know that varmit. Makes a good target though, I think.
Looking at the image, probably just as well I am not famiiar.

I wonder what therapist R. Lee Ermey would say about that wrabbit? Jackwagon!??! :D

crusaderrabbitandragsin.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sorry. I'm still stuck on that weird rabbit reference.

Did I miss something in my childhood? Don't know that varmit. Makes a good target though, I think.
Looking at the image, probably just as well I am not famiiar.

I wonder what therapist R. Lee Ermey would say about that wrabbit? Jackwagon!??! :D

crusaderrabbitandragsin.jpg

Crusader Rabbit was one of the earliest (mebbe THE earliest??) animated cartoon produced especially for TV ... you know, the ol' black & white thing in a big hardwood box w/ a small-ish screen w/ 3 or 4 channels & NO remote ??? :)

Made by the same guys that later did 'The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show' ... I am shocked ... SHOCKED ... that you did not recognize 'Crusader Rabbit' ...

Typical Fighter Puke ...

Hud'n, Hud'n ... :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are so much more fucking eloquent than I ... *sigh* ... fucking B/N's & RIOs ...

I ask you: what's the fuckin' use?? The B/N's & RIOs ... they always fuckin' 'win' ... :)

That's why we have two anchors ;)