• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Navy Needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camelot05

Greetings,

I am new to the forum, so I apologize if this question has been recently asked or answered.

I am currently in the process of putting together a pilot package for the USN. Are they accepting Pilot packages and what are competitive scores? I am a college graduate and I also have a private pilot's certificate. I have now been in the workforce for 2 years and have a management position. While I don't know any admirals, I do have several military friends/family along with boss's reccomendations. Thanks in advance.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
no one is going to be able to tell you how many openings there are at any one time. What might be a competetive resume/app one month may not be good enough the next. Just submit as good a package as you can and then the rest is out of your hands... good luck.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Right now the Navy needs NFO's and Nukes so if you want one of those it's in the bag. As far as everything else goes... balls to walls! and good luck.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Yeah they just made a big stink at the last OC meeting we had. They said if people wanted out of SWO, PILOT, etc... that NFO and Nukes would take 'em.

Saying all that, when have you ever known of the Navy's right hand having a clue about the left? Know what I mean?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
El Cid said:
Saying all that, when have you ever known of the Navy's right hand having a clue about the left? Know what I mean?

EXACTLY. Most powerful Navy in history... yet it can't manage personnel... go figure.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Out of curiosity, what is "NFO land" saying about the job? I'd like to know what complaints people are having before I dig myself too deep into the community. Thanks!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots o work! Gonna be a lot of headwork.

I'll let the resident NFOs chime in though.

VAmookie

since he's got a degree and ppl, maybe he should look into AF. anyone else think he might be better off (if you can get past the fact that the air force sucks that is)

Sabre170

None
I spent one semester in AF ROTC, that was all i could take, but it was said then (1999) that most pilots for the AF come from ROTC and the Academy. AF OCS had very little pilot slots.

SFgirl

My recruiter told me that for fiscal year '05, there were as follows:

15 intel
1 crypto
64 supply
12 AMDO

he didn't give me numbers on Nukes or NFOs saying that if I wanted one of them I wouldn't have to worry about getting in there (except for maybe age since I am 26 now and I guess OCS back ups could be a year and I might not make the 27 by commissioning deadline...)

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
SFgirlfriend said:
oh and 10 NFO slots for FY '05 and 70 for FY '06... which is why I am nervous!!

You'll be fine. You want NFO... I'm sure you'll get it. My ROTC unit just made a big stink about NFO and Nukes needing people in 05. Don't sweat it... just stick to your guns and go for broke!

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
You're Awesome

OMG!!!!! I've been looking around the posts all day, trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about in the private spouses corner!!!!!! I'm feel soooo retarded!!!! I'm sooooooo excited for you....yeah, you wouldn't have a problem with Nuke with an engineering undergrad, a physics and engineering masters, plus you're working on your engineering PhD....

EngineGirl said:
OMG!!!!! I've been looking around the posts all day, trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about in the private spouses corner!!!!!! I'm feel soooo retarded!!!! I'm sooooooo excited for you....yeah, you wouldn't have a problem with Nuke with an engineering undergrad, a physics and engineering masters, plus you're working on your engineering PhD....

Please tell me you're drunk. :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.