• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Navy Needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
EngineGirl said:
OMG!!!!! I've been looking around the posts all day, trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about in the private spouses corner!!!!!! I'm feel soooo retarded!!!! I'm sooooooo excited for you....yeah, you wouldn't have a problem with Nuke with an engineering undergrad, a physics and engineering masters, plus you're working on your engineering PhD....

Um... who's she talking to? Maybe I missed something.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
El Cid said:
Um... who's she talking to? Maybe I missed something.

SFGirlfriend has been thinking about joinging the Navy for a while now..... she and I were talking about it this weekend when I was visiting her. I'm just really glad she's joining...she's like a sister too me.

EngineGirl

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
EngineGirl said:
SFGirlfriend has been thinking about joinging the Navy for a while now..... she and I were talking about it this weekend when I was visiting her. I'm just really glad she's joining...she's like a sister too me.

EngineGirl

OK, I thought I was going crazy or something. Thanks for clearing it up.

Word from our XO is that the Navy commissioned 200 more people than they needed this past May for pilot training. I've heard the same about the need for FO's and Nukes. Apparently Spec Warfare is an option they are encouraging more and more, atleast here at Mizzou.

myoun023

I was wondering how long before the backlog clears up. Or is the Navy ultimatly going to decide that they dont need as many aviators and flight officers as they did in the past? Is it possible that with the FAA regs on maximum age for flying for the airlines will create a huge vacany when the baby boom generation hits that mark? Just trying to catch the wave at the right point.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
myoun023 said:
I was wondering how long before the backlog clears up. Or is the Navy ultimatly going to decide that they dont need as many aviators and flight officers as they did in the past? Is it possible that with the FAA regs on maximum age for flying for the airlines will create a huge vacany when the baby boom generation hits that mark? Just trying to catch the wave at the right point.

Again,
NO ONE is going to be able to answer this with FACT. I am sure plenty of people will have their own opinion, but there is NO WAY to estimate how long the back log will last.

As for the airline gig, don't know, don't care.

thrillseeker121

I heard the Navy isn't looking for any pilots right now. However, my recruiter told me I had a 98% chance I wouldn't get in.......I am getting sworn in on Friday.

znm7584

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Life pays its respects to the one who tries!

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
znm7584 said:
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I'll drink to that!

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
thrillseeker121 said:
I heard the Navy isn't looking for any pilots right now. However, my recruiter told me I had a 98% chance I wouldn't get in.......I am getting sworn in on Friday.

Fuking recruiters... what do they know?

znm7584 said:

Damn straight! and hell of a good quote.

Balls to the wall man, and if you don't get what you want the first time... guess what? Yup, there's another class right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.