• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Damn....this is one lucky girl..

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Paraglider survives after soaring to 32,000 feet

Woman awakens encased in ice after going higher than Mount Everest

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 7:55 a.m. PT Feb 16, 2007

CANBERRA, Australia - A German paraglider was encased in ice and blacked out after being sucked into a tornado-like thunderstorm in Australia and carried to a height greater than Mount Everest. She survived......

.......The 2005 World Cup winner was lifted 32,612 feet (9,940 meters) above sea level by the storm near Manilla in New South Wales.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17185299/?GT1=9033

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
Those people are lucky...paragliders are very unstable as is, but with those factors, its almost unbelievable

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As birds are agents of Satan, she had ovbiously angered the Dark Lord.

Brett

MasterBates

Odd how both birds, and birds biggest natural killer (besides aircraft, it seems), CATS are both agents of the Dark Lord...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
As birds are agents of Satan, she had ovbiously angered the Dark Lord.

Brett

Curious, where do you find, or what makes you decide what are agents of Satan?

One time under canopy I had a hawk flying in formation with me. It was awesome, except I had to turn away after about 30 seconds.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Curious, where do you find, or what makes you decide what are agents of Satan?

One time under canopy I had a hawk flying in formation with me. It was awesome, except I had to turn away after about 30 seconds.

The rule is, if it will facilitate humor, then they're in league with Lucifer. Generally birds (specifically Crows and Ravens), also Jackals and Hyenae, and many arthropods.

Brett

MasterBates

Spy,

In slower aircraft, birds can cause massive airframe damage, and FOD engines out. I lost an engine by taking a seagull down the left intake after it hit and broke my windshield and took off my left mirror in a 60B..

IN faster aircraft, it can cause loss of the aircraft just by damaging the airframe. Can KILL aircrew if you take one thru the canpopy.

Birds SUCK!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess that sets the altitude record for paragliding then.

thull

so you're at 30,000 feet, and you wake up in your paraglider and you're encased in ice flying around, and you're like "damn, this sucks."