• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Degree Question.

batesdl

I went both online and traditional and the Navy certified my degree's from UOP. I used the whole amount of GI Bill cash. I just finished up in 2008 so this would have to be a new policy if it infact exists. I do not think that it does however. UOP is accredited by the Higher Learning Commision and is on the Navy's list of their schools to fund through the GI Bill.

Dan

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Is this a new policy? I knew a guy who went took UP online courses and the Navy wouldn't certify it.

The VA also told me that online courses aren't certifiable for the GI Bill.

I took online courses while active duty and used the G.I. Bill for 3 years (2004-2007). I got accepted into OCS October of 2007.

eDennis

I'm highly considering the HSCP program to get my masters in public health.

One of the requirements of the Navy is that the school be acredited by CEPH.

If it is a 100% online program that is Accredited by CEPH, will this pose any problems? Or will this be A-Okay.

batesdl

My Bachelor's from UOP was 100% online and the Navy did not give me no problems whatsoever covering the expenses due to the school being accredited through the Higher Learning Commision. My degree is not in healthcare though, my degree is in business.

eDennis

This is good to know!

I called several schools up that have programs I am interested in that are online and CEPH accredited. They said that basically, it's like going to school on campus, i'm only taking the online class. I can participate in graduation with the rest of the students , just like I "sat in" the classes. My diploma won't say "online degree" or anything like that. The schools have online version and "offline" version of their degree, but an outsider wouldnt know the difference.

This is good news!

Thanks,
Dennis

batesdl

That statement is 100% - FALSE. I have a BS in Business Management from the University of Phoenix (all done online).

Did my officer recruiter laugh at me when I told him I wanted to apply for pilot with an online degree from the University of Phoenix? Yes.

Did I tell him to try anyway even though he though the chances of me getting picked up were slim to none? Yes.

I will be starting advanced in June. Any questions?

However, I am prior enlisted and I'm sure they are more lenient toward priors than others off the street.

Thats cool because I am prior enlisted.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Is this a new policy? I knew a guy who went took UP online courses and the Navy wouldn't certify it.

The VA also told me that online courses aren't certifiable for the GI Bill.
I have no experience with Bachelor's, but I know for a fact that the Navy supports the online Engineering Management degree that a lot of nuke officers opt to get since power school gives us credits toward it. Satisfies the check in the box for senior officer.

batesdl

I have no experience with Bachelor's, but I know for a fact that the Navy supports the online Engineering Management degree that a lot of nuke officers opt to get since power school gives us credits toward it. Satisfies the check in the box for senior officer.

It is very nice to know this. Very happy to hear that the Navy supports the online degree programs. Good News.

Dan