• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployed and Current Aviator Thoughts?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not an aviator, but...

1) Tell us something we don't know.
2) No such thing as an all air war.
3) Moral is to physical as two is to one.
3) One of the trademarks of the Marine Corps is that we do more with less; sometimes way less. One thing that the Army and Air Force dogs are figuring out for once in their lives is that "doing more with less" sounds cool, but damn is it hard to do.
4) We'll accomplish whatever mission we're given. There's simply no other option.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Interesting article, but more importantly......

“The Navy’s current readiness remains excellent,” Adm. Robert Willard, vice chief of naval operations, told the House subcommittee in March.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Nose

pilot
Air might have brought Milosevic into submission, but I had to haul quite a few grunts into country to make sure he was doing what he said he was doing.

Well actually, I don't consider it a "war". I don't think they ever really shot back. (Despite the slew of DFC's and Air Medals and Green ink that was passed out).

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Interesting article, but more importantly......

“The Navy’s current readiness remains excellent,” Adm. Robert Willard, vice chief of naval operations, told the House subcommittee in March.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.
Meanwhile we've got commercials highlighting the Navy's actions following the tsunami and Katrina, and then this:

There's definitely a dog fight for Congressional money going on in the JCS.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Meanwhile we've got commercials highlighting the Navy's actions following the tsunami and Katrina, and then this:

There's definitely a dog fight for Congressional money going on in the JCS.

The music from that video sounds a lot like the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean. Not saying that it IS, it just sounds similar.

HuggyU2

None
Well actually, I don't consider it a "war". I don't think they ever really shot back. (Despite the slew of DFC's and Air Medals and Green ink that was passed out).
Pardon my thread tangent:
The USAF had a guy get two air-to-air kills during Kosovo. Plus he got one in the Gulf War. I heard they flew his ass off in the hope he could get two more and become an ace. However, I don't consider an Eagle shooting down a Serbian MiG to be much more than me going fishing at the local hatchery. Yes, the MiG is decent, but based on their experience level, those pilots were not proficient to even taxi at night. I'm guessing they were terrified from the moment they started the engines until their jet blew up.

What a "war": I felt so much better knowing we were bombing the Orthodox Christians, so that the Moslems could get the upper hand.

Lawman

None

Damn birds....

nn62vn.jpg

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None

Then what was the SA-3 that shot down the F-117 and the SA-6 that bagged the Nickel Viper?

The guys that were there seem to remember a whole sh*tload of AAA being shot back at them, too.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
What a "war": I felt so much better knowing we were bombing the Orthodox Christians, so that the Moslems could get the upper hand.

Interesting perspective, this is one of those really, really tough wars to look at from the outside, as horrible atrocities were committed by both sides against the other side. For me personally Slobodan (whose name means freedom in Serbian ironically enough) was a horrible, horrible person, but to a lot of Serbians I have met he is revered, and they revile the Hague courts and the NATO fighting force whom they feel target civilian Serbians.

It's especially scary now, looking at what tensions might flare, when Kosovo declares it's independence, which the EU and the US seem to be more than eager to support, and which the Russian Federation is diametrically opposed to...

Red Anjin

Pilot Monkey
pilot
Air war

Kosovo wasn't an all air war. Far from it. The evidence actually points the fact that during the "all air" part, Milosevic was more brazen then before we started bombing. It wasn't until NATO put troops on the ground that the Serbs came to the negotiating table. I'm halfway through JPME I and in the multitude of books I get to read the authors are constantly addressing this claim and pointing out its a myth.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kosovo wasn't an all air war. Far from it. The evidence actually points the fact that during the "all air" part, Milosevic was more brazen then before we started bombing. It wasn't until NATO put troops on the ground that the Serbs came to the negotiating table. I'm halfway through JPME I and in the multitude of books I get to read the authors are constantly addressing this claim and pointing out its a myth.

Put troops where? The troops didn't make it to Kosovo until after the shooting stopped.