• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment of F/A-18F

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe so, but policy papers, doctrine, and strategy aren't written or developed, respectively, based on the fundamental definitions of the terms boat, RAG, or CAG. A CSG is fundamentally different than a CVBG, as is an ESG compared to the ARG.
Ahh, but a ship, FRS, and CAW are fundamentally and functionally identical to a boat, RAG, and CAG.

Settle down and drive the boat, shoe. :D

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, when the Enterprise CVBG became the Enterprise CSG, I had a hard time telling them apart.
This doesn't surprise me.

Brett327 said:
Ahh, but a ship, FRS, and CAW are fundamentally and functionally identical to a boat, RAG, and CAG.
I never said they weren't (other than the boat/ship relationship of course) :icon_smil

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Rather than stabbing our fellow JO's in the back, we try to enhance our vocabulary.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
yarrrly.jpg

and here I was certain that Talk Like a Pirate Day wasn't until 16 SEP 2006 :)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
What is the difference between a Carrier Strike Group and Carrier Battle Group, for the stupid, lowly, and uninformed?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Now, I heard the other day that if two or more Strike Groups are combined (be they CSG, ESG or SSG) then the resultant will be called a....
BATTLE GROUP.:eek:

Need something for all those admirals to do.

petescheu

Big words for a pilot. I'm impressed.

Actually I'm more a fan of the most coveted word of all for the aviator... "rack"
Amen.

And I dont know if it's talk like a pirate day, I think it's more of talk like Kim Jog Ill day... HAAAAANNNS BWIX. Although that eye patch is a nice touch. Either way, those posts were hilarious.