• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Direct commission lateral into aviation

crusin2navy

I'm wondering about this age waiver though and If I'll have to become qualified as a supply corps officer before I can lateral into the aviation community. it'll take me almost 3 yrs to become qualified b/c it's correspondence courses taken over the course of time while i'm drilling.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
There's an FRS IP at HSC-2 that was a Male Navy nurse ...

Male nurse huh? This image pops to mind...

fanny_urinal.jpg

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
It's totally possible to pull off the lateral transfer. I was in Primary w/ a guy who started off as a nuke instructor. He joined the navy specifically to teach nuke stuff (don't remember the specifics), but he managed to switch!

crusin2navy

I posted this elsewhere but since I started this thread. I'm 26 and already have my butter bars, I saw that you have to be commissioned before 27 to get into aviation. do you have to start flight training by a certain time or just have the bars and lateral when you can? thanks