• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disassociated Sea Tour Likelihood

At least for MPRA, Shore tours are still advertised as 36 months long and it will say that on your orders, however as soon as you check in to your shore command PERS will edit your orders to 30 months; 33 months if you're at a WTI billet.

At least for P-8s, the average time to train to an ACTC 3 (300) NFO and pilot is 19-20 and 20-21 months respectively. Being that first sea tours are still dead set at 36 months with fewer and fewer extensions of 39+ because it takes so goddamn long to start and then finish flight school, we spend nearly 60% of our time in the squadron unqualified. IMHO thats the real crime, and not even including mission commander and instructor.
Does the new policy mean that NFOs can still get out after their instructor tour and skip the boat?

Does the new policy mean that NFOs can still get out after their instructor tour and skip the boat?
Highly doubt it. Applies to all 1300, 1310, and 1320's. Sounds like they won't accept your Resignation request until you've satisfied your second sea tour.

This mean people will get 2 year orders, have to serve the PTL then can request resignation. Meaning that the second sea tour can be 2+ years since resignation needs to be 9-12 months out from your desired PRD.

The questions that I'm asking are not just "am I going to be put on for a disassociated?" but also
  1. What is the likely shore-tour length that I should expect, given my unique circumstances?
  2. Should I inform PERS now (with command endorsement) that I request to have my PRD extended by 3 months in order to hit my MSR, or should I wait until later on? If they know NOW that I'm asking to extend to my MSR and thereby are going to resign, won't that mean that PERS will likely modify my shore-tour order SUPER SHORT to maybe 24 months in order to get as much as they can out of me for my disassociated vs. the minimum 12 months (ref: MILPERSMAN 1301-108) in order to PCS me to a CONUS Sea Duty?
These are all of the things that I am considering and I would really appreciate if there were individuals with PERS-43/detailer experience who could provide honest advice on what I can do for myself and my family.

Appreciate the help from everyone so far! :)
PERS will shorten your shore tour in order for you to execute sea duty orders. They've already been shortening shore tours to 24 months for aviators that got their MSR lined up with their shore tour PRD.

However, seems moot as your PRD is after 1 Oct 25 which has you falling into the category of individuals that will be required to fulfill the PTL of your disassociated sea tour before resignation is accepted.

Last edited:

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Highly doubt it. Applies to all 1300, 1310, and 1320's. Sounds like they won't accept your Resignation request until you've satisfied your second sea tour.

This mean people will get 2 year orders, have to serve the PTL then can request resignation. Meaning that the second sea tour can be 2+ years since resignation needs to be 9-12 months out from your desired PRD.
If NFO time remains 6 years after winging, then I’d imagine you’d be safe as long as you don’t do WTI. Pilots on the other hand….

You should have stopped before hitting the "post reply" button. Get that you hate recruiters and chief petty officers and you have a big chip on your shoulder being a 2xFOS for O-4, but that shouldn't make you salty for everything else in your life.
Just you. Not salty at all. With the way the Navy and Aviation has been heading this is just one more reason why I am happy I 2xFOS'd.

Wouldn't be surprised down the road if more of JOPA tries to 2xFOS as that will be the only way to get out AND off their disassociated tour fastest.
If NFO time remains 6 years after winging, then I’d imagine you’d be safe as long as you don’t do WTI. Pilots on the other hand….
I wouldn't put it past PERS to decline NFO resignation at MSR if they are going to do it for pilots. NFO's fill the same at sea billets that Pilots do.

However, NFO's that stay for their O-4 board typically are on or getting to their disassociated tour so the retention issue may be at sea billet turnover for 1310's.
The amount of spitballing and bad gouge being offered in this thread is disturbing.
Like?

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I imagine this is Just a hint into what is going around fleet squadron JOPA
To the extent that COs have been given the actual “so what” on this, I imagine it’s a lot less dramatic than AW. FWIW, this is going to be a shore command matter to help educate folks on.

dcushman13

None
Just you. Not salty at all.

I didn't 2xFOS and I agree with you here.

To the extent that COs have been given the actual “so what” on this, I imagine it’s a lot less dramatic than AW. FWIW, this is going to be a shore command matter to help educate folks on.
I'm not sure if I agree. I don't think there's been much of a peek behind the curtain, and I think the JOs are restless. Air Boss is going to Jax this week to talk with VP and HSM JOs, and I don't expect that it'll be pretty.

Oh, are your ears burning? Like your garbage post about the impact to NFOs, who by and large, won’t be affected by whatever this is.
Agreed. Literally zero impact to FOs who decide to get out at their first opportunity. PERS is exercising their power to make someone fulfill the full period of their orders, not holding people to get them.