• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dog Chapman may soon be on the hunt...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In each of the robberies, the woman entered the bank, verbally demanded money, and then left the bank on foot.

This constitutes a bank robbery? Who the hell are the tellers at these banks? There has to be more to it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This constitutes a bank robbery? Who the hell are the tellers at these banks? There has to be more to it.

As told to me by a FBI dude, most tellers are instructed to give robbers cash even if they just ask for it in a note, apparently this is SOP at many banks. Just not worth the possibility of violence.

Another part of the reason as told to me was that bank robberies have one of the highest rates of solved crimes, it is rare that the robbers get away with it for long.

P.S. Do all Texas girls get around so much? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....most tellers are instructed to give robbers cash even if they just ask for it in a note, apparently this is SOP at many banks. Just not worth the possibility of violence. ...
And that's what the airlines used to preach re: hijackings. Give in/give up.

Different circumstance; sure ... but the same principle at work. Even though I personally did not believe in it, I was forced to "teach it" while instructing ....

And then came 9/11.

Now the policy is to resist if able, even to the point of using deadly force. Just like it was (unofficially) before the lawyers and more sensitive crowd took over FLT OPS ... :sleep_125

There's sheep and there's wolves. And there's guard dogs. I know which group I want to be in ...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As told to me by a FBI dude, most tellers are instructed to give robbers cash even if they just ask for it in a note, apparently this is SOP at many banks. Just not worth the possibility of violence.

Another part of the reason as told to me was that bank robberies have one of the highest rates of solved crimes, it is rare that the robbers get away with it for long.

The first part makes sense, especially since it's all insured. I figured there had to be something more to it. The second part I didn't know and is interesting. Makes me wonder if banks have all of their money inventoried, maybe not daily, but weekly or some such regular schedule. Might be a tall order.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

I'd always gotten that impression. How does anyone expect to move / spend / hang on to all that money in cash?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I'd always gotten that impression. How does anyone expect to move / spend / hang on to all that money in cash?
Put it on WalMart giftcards.....My brother's bank was robbed by one of their customers....they were able to pull the tapes, put the time stamp to a transaction and ID the guy....10+ years for a couple thousand dollars....what ashame.