• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drug charge in past (OCS comission)

Miller34

I have a college degree with a 3.2 GPA and am thinking about applying for a comission. Does anybody know anyone who has a marijuana charge and has gotten a waiver. Also, once you get a waiver does past history effect selction to programs.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I don't know if you've been charged with a MJ crime, but certainly if you've tried it. I got accepted with multiple MJ "experiences". It asks on the EPSQ if you've ever been charged with a drug-related crime, so it's possible that this can be waived. Certainly, time and remorse are your friends. If this happened years back and you write a convincing letter stating your remorse and absolute conviction that you will never be tempted to even look up MJ in the dictionary again, it may work. Apply...can't hurt.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Ahhhh that explains it!!

Sorry I couldn't resist :D

You have your laughs. Not like I was a stoner or anything...a couple times. Personally I think someone who has tried it is a safer bet (usually) than someone who hasn't. This way I know what I'm missing and I'm 110% ok with that. I'd MUCH rather be a naval officer and fly. A person who has never tried anything always has that uncertainty, or unknown.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Personally I think someone who has tried it is a safer bet (usually) than someone who hasn't. This way I know what I'm missing and I'm 110% ok with that. A person who has never tried anything always has that uncertainty, or unknown.

Just don't use this reasoning when you are confronted with a homoerotic experience...;)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
and yet I'm the one who keeps getting burned :confused:

Try limiting yourself to one post a day- or perhaps two if the second one is really important (and good) instead of your 15 a day... Give everyone less material to work with.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try limiting yourself to one post a day- or perhaps two if the second one is really important (and good) instead of your 15 a day... Give everyone less material to work with.

Yeah, how many times do we have to go through this with you. Billthrill/CaptainRon suffers from the same affliction. You're not learning from your past mistakes. The first thing that pops into your head usually isn't the best thing to post. You're one of "those guys" who run around all day long and would actually learn something if you could keep your cake-hole closed for more than 30 seconds at a time.

Brett