• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drug use

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDX

It's mind games!
im working on my epsq right now and im going to put down that i smoked pot a couple of times at the beginning of high school. i want to be honest. however, i was wondering your opinions on how much this will hurt me. im applying bdcp sna. are any of you final select or further with this kind of info in your app?? all thoughts and opinions welcome please. BTW, it was about 8 years ago that i tried it.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
im working on my epsq right now and im going to put down that i smoked pot a couple of times at the beginning of high school. i want to be honest. however, i was wondering your opinions on how much this will hurt me. im applying bdcp sna. are any of you final select or further with this kind of info in your app?? all thoughts and opinions welcome please. BTW, it was about 8 years ago that i tried it.

I will once again take sh!t to help you out. I admitted multiple times smoking pot and got picked up for SNA. Be honest. Write a letter stating how it was dumb, you were young and will NEVER do it again and you'll be fine. My instances were about 2 years previous to my application.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I will once again take sh!t to help you out. I admitted multiple times smoking pot and got picked up for SNA. Be honest. Write a letter stating how it was dumb, you were young and will NEVER do it again and you'll be fine. My instances were about 2 years previous to my application.

Same, I had smoked marijuana a few times about 2 years prior to applying and was just pro-rec'd for SNA.

Bottom line: It will hurt you because it is a character issue. However, the board realizes that people make mistakes and learn from their mistakes. I wrote a paragraph on my application about the circumstances, about how there was no one to blame except myself (i.e. I am responsible for my decisions), and how I regret my actions and will never do it again.

snake020

Contributor

Should have no adverse impact if it was a couple of times. DoD is willing to forgive youthful mistakes unless they are something big like robbery. Good on you for your honesty.

themongol

NO worries. They are not too hard on the pot. Just write in your statement that you did for experimental purposes and swear that you will never do it again.

Oh yeah, smoking pot over 7 times is considered drug abuse and it can hurt you.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I will once again take sh!t to help you out. I admitted multiple times smoking pot and got picked up for SNA. Be honest. Write a letter stating how it was dumb, you were young and will NEVER do it again and you'll be fine. My instances were about 2 years previous to my application. __________________

I don't understand why you expected to get sh!t for this. This is one of the more to the point and helpful things you've contributed in the last week. What do you think of when you post the stuff we give you sh!t for???

More of this...less of that.:icon_wink

BTW....this is the right answer....period.

FDX

It's mind games!
anyone elso pro rec'ed or final sna that admitted to smoking pot a couple of times on their app?

joboy_2.0

Contributor
I don't understand why you expected to get sh!t for this. This is one of the more to the point and helpful things you've contributed in the last week. What do you think of when you post the stuff we give you sh!t for???

More of this...less of that.:icon_wink

BTW....this is the right answer....period.

Well I took sh!t for the pot thing sort of as an explanation for my retarded previous posting pattern.

FDX

It's mind games!
Great news guys, I just realized that the app for commission and the epsq both ask "since the age of 16 or in the past 7 years, whichever is shorter have you illegally used any controlled substance?" I tried pot in march or april of '00. Cant turn my app in until im 6 months post op on my eye surgery, which is late june. That means its over seven years. So i dont have to tell them and that will be the honest truth!!!! BTW, i'm 23, so the 7 years is shorter.
cheers
FDX

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hate to say it, but this deserves a "search before you post" comment. This topic has been discussed ad noseum.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No it doesn't. His question was answered.
Forgive Fly Navy for his mistake. He hasn't been thinking clearly lately. Haven't you heard? He's getting married. That kind of shit jacks with your head more than pot.....I think.....I never smoked pot so I'm just guessing.

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Forgive Fly Navy for his mistake. He hasn't been thinking clearly lately. Haven't you heard? He's getting married. That kind of shit jacks with your head more than pot.....I think.....I never smoked pot so I'm just guessing.

Nice touch to this thread. I wouldn't consider marijuana to be psychoactive. At best it makes you wax poetic/retarded about silly things and you love everything. Think lucid drunk without hangover.

Glad I could clear things up. NO NEED to try it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.