• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DV Attire

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something funny I noticed.

The VP when he arrives is wearing a dress shirt...looking cool and refreshed as he steps out of the H-53 helo onto the flight deck of the USS John C. Stennis.
web_070511-N-2659P-170.jpg

The President of El Salvador (below) on the other hand, is wearing a sweat stained standard rubber ducky and smelly cranial. And he is only arriving on the USNS Comfort, a hospital ship.
web_070727-N-0194K-329.jpg

I see we take care of our own...:)

Of course there was that time in the Gulf when the Shaika's (Sheik's wives) came out from Bahrain for a tour and one took huge fall on her butt on a greasy cat track and trashed her $500+ silk pants suit.

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=46039
http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=46040
http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=48799

phrogpilot73

Interesting to note that the H-53 is shutdown, whereas the H-60 is still spinning. I wonder if the VP was on board the H-53 when they shutdown? That's a big no-no. When we took Sen. Warner to the Iwo, we stayed spinning and then shut down after he departed.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Interesting to note that the H-53 is shutdown, whereas the H-60 is still spinning. I wonder if the VP was on board the H-53 when they shutdown? That's a big no-no. When we took Sen. Warner to the Iwo, we stayed spinning and then shut down after he departed.

Forgive the question from the unwashed, but why is it a no no to remain aboard during shut down?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something funny I noticed.

The VP when he arrives is wearing a dress shirt...looking cool and refreshed as he steps out of the H-53 helo onto the flight deck of the USS John C. Stennis.
web_070511-N-2659P-170.jpg
So the first guy to greet him is a SWO. Interesting.

Attachments

• 070511-N-2659P-170_swo.jpg
    070511-N-2659P-170_swo.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 71

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
I'm no expert but my assumption would be that if there are dignitaries disembarking they would leave the bird running so they can get out in an emergency (and not become the proverbial sitting duck).

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So the operative question here is:

Were the Sheiks' wives hot?

Smoking hot....:icon_rage

They were in very western clothes...not like this:
menil03.jpg

When Cheney came out to the Stennis in 2002, I think they shut down the helo (will check)...A sitting duck on deck?...Not on board a CVN with lots of CAP overhead.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I flew in HC-2 which one of our primary missions was Executive Transport. We would leave it up to the Code to decide. We spun up with them aboard and usually they disembarked prior to shutting down as they don't want to wait. The highest I ever flew was a V2. I would be willing to bet someone didn't want the VP getting out with a rubber duckie and cranial. Someone in public affairs probably wanted him to have time to brush his hair and not be rushed right off the flight deck. Also where are the sidebouys? Usually the codes get greeted after they walk through the sidebouys. Not always but usually. Sometimes it depends on what else is going on around the flight deck.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also where are the sidebouys? Usually the codes get greeted after they walk through the sidebouys. Not always but usually. Sometimes it depends on what else is going on around the flight deck.

Obviously off camera in first shot...here's another that shows them

070511-N-2659P-196.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Anyone know who the blond is next to the VP in the first pic? Any viewer of 24 might find that amusing.