• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dwindling Aircraft Carriers

Tickle

It isn't the projects in and of themselves...but the Air Force going to bat for numbers that seem impossible to justify. 381 F-22's? 61 CONUS bases? God love 'em for being sucessful at negotiating the money dance...but they do less with more than any other service.

I'll be the first to admit that my reaction to the Air Force needs tempered from time to time...you mention some great points about trickle-down development and joint-use programs...but overall my impression is that the Air Force is by far the least fiscally efficient branch of DoD. In retrospect, my inital comment was a bit overstated.

At Incirlik AB in Turkey, they actually had airmen deploy so they could hand out basketballs and towels at the gym!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
And nobody mentioned the stuff they take from us, like the sidewinder missile, which had to be developed using emergency funding because we didn't have spare money lying around at the time...