• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EA-18G "Growler"

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Brett327 said:
Would you rather your attacks upon enemy ne'er-do-wells be facilitated by metaphorical excrement, or a fearsome, omnipotent electronic warrior who will skilfully render your opponents impotent (and quite surprised)!

Brett

I damn near fell out of my chair reading that line. Nice one.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Lawman said:
Ever meet a Lawndart driver that called his F-16 anything but "Viper." Or every meet anybody that worked on/with the B-1's that refered to them as the "Lancer" instead of just "Bone."

I havent. And I grew up around the Airforce. Just because its what some guy with a lot of brass on his collar calls it doesnt mean thats what the crews are gonna name it. Just saying.

Yeah, my bad, I guess I should have based my comments on people I grew up around instead of the Prowler Instructors here who routinely refer to the EA-18G as the Growler. Just saying.

fudog50

I agree with everyone,
The press release link clears it up for me, thanks for that. But I still think its funny why the PMA-265 guy (LCDR, no name will be mentioned) got ticked and said it wasn't the official name? I had been calling it the Growler too up until that point, and now that I see the press release, have proof of the official name, No problem. Brett what was the blast about my Prowler knowledge all about? I don't claim to know it all, thats why I was asking for insight? I only did one Prowler tour as MMCO. (I still think "rhino" is a stupid name!)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fudog_50 said:
Brett what was the blast about my Prowler knowledge all about?
No worries, shipmate. You just made it seem that I was pulling some kind of M.O.T.O. bit, so I thought I'd send a little "business" your way. ;) There's lots of bad blood about the naming thing in the community, so I can understand why the PMA dude was putting up a good front, but the unfortunate reality is that "Growler" is here to stay. Hopefully it will join "Falcon" and "Lancer" in the realm of rightfully discarded "official" names.

Brett