• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Early Life crisis

mike172

GO NAVY
So do both. I know a few medical guys who were SWO/NA/NFO in a previous life.

How would I go about doing this? Go line first then go back to school to get PA? Please elaborate if you can.

As far as duty stations and assignments are concerned do PAs get to fill out a "dream sheet" of sorts of where they want to go. ie. hospital, ship, Marines, flight surgeon... etc? How would this work?

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before you think about duty stations and such, why don't you spend more time thinking about what you want to do when you grow up? If you want to explore being a PA and going to PA school (or becoming a physician by going to medical school), check out www.studentdoctor.net. There are a handful of prior service types who've gone to medical school (mostly Os) and PA school (mostly enlisted types)

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
I should state that I know just enough about military PA's to be dangerous, and even less about civillian PAs. Check this website out also - www.physicianassistantforum.com

You also should start talking to your NROTC program - I thought they were letting some 4 year scholarship guys apply to medical schools and nursing programs, but hadn't heard much about selection to PA school. They're still in the business of primarily making line officers.

PM me if you want more details.

Rugger

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Who says you can't get the PA and apply for SNA, SNFO or another line officer designator. Just because you have a PA degree, it doesn't mean you have to use it in the Navy.

Get whatever degree you prefer, apply for what ever Navy designator you want. Take a few correspondence course while flying to keep the PA up to date.