• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Easier to fly for the Marines or the Navy?

moondoggy328

moondoggy328
I was just wondering which branch I will have an easier time getting a pilot slot in, considering I want to fly fixed wing aircraft.

Jeremy

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
fixed wing...does it matter what size?
honestly there is no easy answer here but the thing to keep in mind is that the majority of the airframes for the Marine Corps are helos, ie not fixed wing...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just wondering which branch I will have an easier time getting a pilot slot in, considering I want to fly fixed wing aircraft.

Jeremy
Navy OR Marine Corps would probably be a bad choice for you then...considering that you want to fly fixed wing aircraft. You may set yourself up for disappointment since the majority of pilots in both services fly helicopters. Tell you what....before you tell yourself you don't want to fly helos, go take a couple intro lessons at an airport that offers helicopter training. You may be pleasantly surprised at the experience. However, if you're hard core dead set against helos....I hear the jockey club...oops, I mean Chair Force....damn't, I mean Air Force....has some pretty sexy planes.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well said, Air Farce has no helos

I beg to differ

MH-53%20Pavelow.gif

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Well said, Air Farce has no helos

See, it's funny because you rag on the Air Force yet, apparently, know little about them and sport some of their jets in your avatar. Didn't Squeeze say something about ######## in that other thread you sassed off in?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Airforce has, as of the beginning of the year (helos):

UH-1N (61)
HH-60G (103)
MH-53J (36)

This was out of "aviation week" so might be wrong but its close

corona

oh sorry, was pretty sure they had none besides csar. I'll refrain from talking about the air force.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Jeremy

Short answer neither one is easy.

Long answer define easier, which do you lack: brain power-less physics on the green side or muscle power-less PT on the blue side

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
fixed wing, go AF

in either the Navy or Marine Corps, you got a much better chance of flying an eggbeater

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
in either the Navy or Marine Corps, you got a much better chance of flying an eggbeater

Excuse me what? I'll have you know my multi million dollar warchariot and the warriors who fly it dont respond to eggbeater so well. Maybe even worse than VAQ guysrespond to being called the queers.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Excuse me what? I'll have you know my multi million dollar warchariot and the warriors who fly it dont respond to eggbeater so well. Maybe even worse than VAQ guysrespond to being called the queers.

hahah

hey, I appreciate the fact that an eggbeater is ready to pull my ass out of the freezing water off the coast :icon_tong