• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

email to Head of Naval Aviation Detailing

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Recently an IP in an unnamed TW-5 squadron sent an email to one of the civilians asking her not to keep sending her emails about quals and such. He was a reservist and "didn't need all the extra email when he never flew w/ the unit..." that she was sending the emails from. Perhaps a valid request, perhaps, albeit a bit dickish, except that he sent it to everyone else on the email chain, which included people from all the squadrons. I know several fellow JOs started replying back, thanking him for cluttering up their inbox with useless email. Nothing was heard again.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recently an IP in an unnamed TW-5 squadron sent an email to one of the civilians asking her not to keep sending her emails about quals and such. He was a reservist and "didn't need all the extra email when he never flew w/ the unit..." that she was sending the emails from. Perhaps a valid request, perhaps, albeit a bit dickish, except that he sent it to everyone else on the email chain, which included people from all the squadrons. I know several fellow JOs started replying back, thanking him for cluttering up their inbox with useless email. Nothing was heard again.
Shame we can't do that with all the useless "NMCI User Alerts" and Base Housing newsletters sent out to the entire base, regardless of whether you live there.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Shame we can't do that with all the useless "NMCI User Alerts" and Base Housing newsletters sent out to the entire base, regardless of whether you live there.

I'm a fan of the "Your mailbox is over the size limit" emails. Especially when you get about 4 a day.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
That still happened when I was there, too.

Happened at my school all the time. Some generally for lost found type items which got annoying and then the prank emails.

The prank emails were during senior year as the library had gotten new Macs which required a more extensive log out process out of the remote email system then the regular windows setup.

generally one line email such as "I like ham". It was funny watching the CDO run down to the library.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
The email from the USAFA cadet to the CSAF was alot funnier! Responses by both the CSAF and the SECAF = Good times

Rg9

pilot
I know someone who once posted a stupid reply on AW that EVERYONE could see. Hilarious!;)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Two other lcassic emails I remember are:

A Chair Force ROTC student home on summer break wanted to get a jet ride so he emailed the Ops O of a squadron and stated who he was and that he all the Av/Phys requiremetns completed. The Squadron Ops O blasted this kid telling him that the squadron had more important things to do then give joy rides to cadets who emailed out of the blue and asked.
The Ops O also CC'd his Wing Ops, who then mentioned it to his Wing Commander (1 star).
The Wing Commander emailed the cadet and said that as a matter of fact, the Wing would love to get this kid a ride during his summer break and to call the Ops O of the squadron who he first contacted and that person will gladly set up the flight...
I'm sure the squadron CO got a call from the Wing Commander about this and the Ops O get demonstrate his 'carpet dance' in from of his Skipper.

The other was from a LTJG on a LAMPS det who emailed the Battle Group helo rep asking why the HSL guys had to cover some requirement. His argument was based on the fact that they had 6 pilots and were flying 10 hours a day. The HS squadron on the other hand has 20 pilots and they only fly 12 hours a day, so that leaves lots of time for the HS guys to workout and take naps.
This email went around the world in less than 48 hours. The LTJG called out the HS guys for not working hard and tried to explain how difficult is was for the LAMPS guys.
I'm sure his Det OIC has a nice talking to him once that email made it back to the home guard!

MasterBates

Contrary to popular belief, that LTJG was not me. :D

I did get asked about a dumb email to the LEC once.
I swear it wasn't me.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
The other was from a LTJG on a LAMPS det who emailed the Battle Group helo rep asking why the HSL guys had to cover some requirement. His argument was based on the fact that they had 6 pilots and were flying 10 hours a day. The HS squadron on the other hand has 20 pilots and they only fly 12 hours a day, so that leaves lots of time for the HS guys to workout and take naps.
This email went around the world in less than 48 hours. The LTJG called out the HS guys for not working hard and tried to explain how difficult is was for the LAMPS guys.
I'm sure his Det OIC has a nice talking to him once that email made it back to the home guard!
Oh, for the days when there was too much flying to be done.:(

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I once fell victim to accidentally clicking the 'Reply to All' button. Ended up sending 'My balls itch' to the entire faculty, staff, and student body of Villanova University.

All of my friends thought it was hilarious. The Dean and the unit CO didn't exactly see it the same way.