• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Erau Nrotc

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I am, but i think i have talked to you already. About 267 days left until i get commissioned, but who's counting

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
dont know until i know my selection. if (when)(knock on wood) i get a pilot slot, i'll be stashed at riddle until i class up. The seniors this year will be going to api ranging from now till oct. so i will probably be here when you arrive.

if i get swo, please no, probably go straight to a boat. thats what i have been seeing with other units.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
yep...swos go to boats :)

how is(was) erau? I looked into it, but it seemed more geared for pro-pilots (civilians) and air force guys (at least the Prescott campus). How is the engineering program?

Lawman

None
Wait, when the heck did Riddle get a NROTC program. All we had when I was there in 01-02 was a bunch of pretentious Airforce wannabe's and a handful of guys gunning for Apaches with the Army?

Piperpilot2004

kinda off topic but I heard that there is a "Naval Aviation Club" at that school with a guarenteed pilot contract as long as you hold a 3.0gpa average. I think that sounds pretty wierd myself I know, but I saw it in a catalog. It might just be BDCP but I have no clue. Anyone hear about that?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
sounds more like the Marine option Pilot contract....I doubt any professional club would hold that much weight

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
MIDNJAC said:
how is(was) erau? I looked into it, but it seemed more geared for pro-pilots (civilians) and air force guys (at least the Prescott campus). How is the engineering program?

In the spring, being here rules, in the fall, it sucks. Plain and simple for the social aspect. Oh yeah, also, there is only around 15% women at riddle so that sucks too, but oh well. The school itself is great and alot of the profs are ex-military pilots so classes are sometimes interesting. Most of the Midshipmen who go to riddle want to become pilots. There is no reason to go here unless you want top notch aeronautical knowledge based majors. Our aerospace/aeronautical/astronautical engineering program is number one in the nation for the 5th straight year. So yeah, it is pretty good. Embry-Riddle even has a contract with the air force to be the primary trainer for the usafa flying program.

Lawman said:
Wait, when the heck did Riddle get a NROTC program. All we had when I was there in 01-02 was a bunch of pretentious Airforce wannabe's and a handful of guys gunning for Apaches with the Army?

This is its third year so the program started in Sept. of 2003

Piperpilot2004 said:
kinda off topic but I heard that there is a "Naval Aviation Club" at that school with a guarenteed pilot contract as long as you hold a 3.0gpa average. I think that sounds pretty wierd myself I know, but I saw it in a catalog. It might just be BDCP but I have no clue. Anyone hear about that?

There is a Naval Aviation Club (http://clubs.db.erau.edu/dbnac/) and the catalog statement is not totally true. Basically it is saying in order to get into the guarenteed flight program (dont know what it is called), you need to have at least a 3.0.

Feel free to shoot anymore questions

and by the way, the naval aviation club is a great organization so dont hold it against them for not explaining it completly correct

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
Our aerospace/aeronautical/astronautical engineering program is number one in the nation for the 5th straight year. So yeah, it is pretty good.
Whoa, not so fast. You aren't providing the full story.

"U.S. News & World Report's 2005 'Best Colleges' guide has again ranked Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University number one in aerospace / Aeronautical/ Astronautical Engineering for schools where the highest degree is a master's."

I'd say that last part is pretty important.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
you are right mr. steve wilkins. i just get used to the posters and signs that say the basics. Jease, do you know what time it is, i need to get to bed. Too much liqour in too little time. Night

phrogpilot73

Who really gives a sh!t? I went to Naval Academy, one of the best colleges in the country, and they don't offer a Masters degree. Quick question - what does a 2ndLt who went to (insert top notch school here) call a Capt that went to (insert mediocre state school here)? SIR! :)

Plus, I just registered for ERAU's Distance Education Program for a Master of Science in Management...

corona

Piperpilot2004 said:

Ya i called the school and he said that everyone in his naval aviation club gets a pilot slot :icon_smil

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Correlation does not equal causation

corona said:
Ya i called the school and he said that everyone in his naval aviation club gets a pilot slot :icon_smil

Are you kidding me? If you join their club you're assured a spot? That sounds fishy for a lot of reasons.

I mean we have a pretty high acceptance rate at Penn State over the last few years (near 100% of those that apply and are physically qualified)... and to my knowledge nearly all of the recent grads who went on to Pensacola were in the Aviation Club at some point. Frankly though, all that means is they get a fake ribbon to wear and maybe a T-shirt.

Maybe being in the club gave them a leg up on other people because they got good advice at a meeting. Maybe it helped out because they do ASTB prep. Maybe its just because the mids in the club desperately want to go to flight school and already have the grades for it.

I'd bet a case of beer that there's no "check here if you were in the ERAU Naval Aviation Club" on any application. If there is, more power to you. BTW, don't even worry about your grades or anything because as long as you don't get kicked out of the club you're already set, right?:eek:

(Sorry if I'm coming off like a raving lunatic... its nothing personal.)