• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Erau Nrotc

phrogpilot73

pennst8 said:
I'd bet a case of beer that there's no "check here if you were in the ERAU Naval Aviation Club" on any application. If there is, more power to you. BTW, don't even worry about your grades or anything because as long as you don't get kicked out of the club you're already set, right?:eek:
I'll back you with a keg of beer on that one!

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
You would have won that case of beer. I have a lot of friends in the naval aviation club here at riddle and most of them are in nrotc or are in the PLC program. I bet that corona talked to a random guy in admission or someone who knows nothing. He just thought since most are probably going aviation or have that pilot slot already, he just said that it anways to make you want to come to riddle more.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Alright I know this is a late response but I havnt been on here in a while so i figured I had better catch up. I am the current president of the ERAU Naval Aviation Club in Daytona Beach. There is a garanteed pilot contract available, however it is not through our club. It is BDCP. You can do this at any university. Basicly as a club we help you prepare your package to make it look as appealing as possible to the boards when you go up for final select. For those that are already sloted and going to OCS we help them with some basic knowledge of what to expect and kinda get the ball rollin for them as far as how things work in the Military. I am also a member of the NROTC program here with Muley (mules83). I think he has answered all the questions pretty good so far. I will be here next fall USMCBill. By the looks of it, you wanna go Marines. If you come down here you better have it together as far as PT is concerned. I am a Marine Option and we PT alot so be ready before you get here and you will raise some Eyebrows. Fire away if you have any other questions.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
From the 2006 US News College Rankings ... for undergrad AE programs at schools whose highest degree is a doctorate:

1. Massachusetts Inst. of Technology
2. Georgia Institute of Technology
3. University of Michigan–Ann Arbor

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
BOMBSonHAWKEYES said:
what sort of non aviation jobs can you get out of there?

Here are most of the majors from ERAU. Its pretty easy to see what jobs you could get afterward.

Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Studies
Bachelor of Science in Communication
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
Bachelor of Science in Human Factors Psychology
Bachelor of Science in Space Physics
Five-year M.S. Human Factors Engineering program
Master of Science in Human Factors and Systems
Master of Science in Space Science
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Science
Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Science
Bachelor of Science in Air Traffic Management
Bachelor of Science in Applied Meteorology
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics
Bachelor of Science in Safety Science
Master of Science in Aeronautics
Bachelor of Science in Aviation Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management
Bachelor of Science in Management of Technical Operations
Master of Business Administration in Aviation
Online Master of Business Administration in Aviation
Aerospace Engineering (Master or Bachelor)
Civil Engineering
Software Engineering (Master or Bachelor)

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
If a student gets an NROTC scholarship to ERAU are any flight hours paid for or are you on your own for that?

corona

Pretty sure your on your own for flight hours. Dont think the Navy would pay you to learn to fly then pay for you again in navy flight school. correct me if i'm wrong

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Actually the navy will pay for all of it. Mules is the flight student tho so he will answer when he sees this, Im just a Redneck Engineer (Civil Engineering).

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Cougar_62 said:
If a student gets an NROTC scholarship to ERAU are any flight hours paid for or are you on your own for that?

The flight hours will only get paid if your major requires it; as in aeronautical science which requires you to have a commerical multi by the time you graduate. The only bad thing is this is a non-tech major, so it will be a lot harder to get that scholarship.

Austin8585 said:
Actually the navy will pay for all of it. Mules is the flight student tho so he will answer when he sees this, Im just a Redneck Engineer (Civil Engineering).

Freaking redneck engineers. They are a strange bunch. You did pretty good at lollipops the other night though. You still owe me $15 for that lap dance.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Well, he is redneck as he so stated........Just joking buddy

He just needed a lap dance from one of the girls and he needed some more cash so being a good navy bud, i spotted him the cash.

UInavy said:
That definitely needs pointed out. In the Aero Engineering world, schools that only go up to Masters degrees aren't exactly considered 'Top-Tier'. Not picking, but if you're going to brag about something................ I've definitely gotten tired of hearing Number 1 in Aero Engineering!!!! in schools that offer only a Master's degree

ERAU came out above the Air Force Academy, which was in second place.. that doesn't say anything?